Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Those Red Potatoes!  (Read 2204 times)

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Those Red Potatoes!
« on: October 26, 2023, 02:10:49 am »
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Terri Yaki

• Super Bee
Re: Those Red Potatoes!
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2023, 08:53:37 am »
Say whaaaattttt???? I have heard that they dye oranges but hadn't heard this one before.

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2023, 10:45:18 am »
   When I had a garden in the USA.. Which was about two hundred feet by two hundred feet.. The potatoes I grew was as red. As the ones painted. In this movie.. LOL

BEE HAPPY  Jim134   :smile:
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Online Lesgold

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2023, 04:35:41 pm »
I remember visiting a potato farm about 30 years ago. The farmer was growing them in rich, black soil. After harvest, the potatoes were run  through a machine that was filled with red volcanic soil. The potatoes were lightly coated in this soil which apparently increased their value at market as potatoes grown in red soil were desirable. I also heard a comment that the potatoes kept better when coated in red soil. Not sure that I would buy those potatoes in the video purely based on principle.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2023, 05:52:43 pm »
Lol.  They might be worth even more if you leave the dirt on.  I used to buy dirty potatoes all the time. 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.