Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Comb Honey  (Read 3378 times)

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
Re: Comb Honey
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2019, 02:40:58 pm »
All of you are wonderful.

Phillip & Jvalentour, yes it appears that I did misunderstand. My apologies, and thank you both for your clarifications. Feeding back honey makes a lot more sense. In either case, my wording could and should have been smoother. I wasn't meaning to antagonize.

Mr Bush, thank you for providing the deeper explanation. As I look thru the hives, I've seen what you describe regarding the comb qualities.

... I might have to give the RR's one more go-round. I really like them!
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2019, 03:19:44 pm »
All of you are wonderful.

Phillip & Jvalentour, yes it appears that I did misunderstand. My apologies, and thank you both for your clarifications. Feeding back honey makes a lot more sense. In either case, my wording could and should have been smoother. I wasn't meaning to antagonize.

Mr Bush, thank you for providing the deeper explanation. As I look thru the hives, I've seen what you describe regarding the comb qualities.

... I might have to give the RR's one more go-round. I really like them!

Thanks Alan. To tell the truth I almost thought the same as you . I am guessing with all the talk about honey from different countries not being pure, that subject was fresh  on my mind. Until I read it a second time is when I caught that honey was mentioned. Do not feel like the Lone Ranger on this one. 😊😁
Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline blackforest beekeeper

• Field Bee
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2019, 03:25:37 am »
Hey beeks!
It took me 2 seasons to get the hang of the Ross Rounds, really. I once put a box of empty RRs, with a small starter strip, on top of a hive with 2 full supers of honey. And put one super on top of that with foundation, just in case they collectet A LOT of honey. When I came back six days later, the RRs were empty and the top super full....

Gotta really squeeze them in. populous hives, good flow.

I made little frames with a similar method like the ross rounds with a follower board, so the comb would get even. hold 1 kg. some folks just appreciate cut comb and I sell it dearly.

anything