Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Eats shoots  (Read 3268 times)

Offline beecanbee

• House Bee
Eats shoots
« on: September 26, 2017, 06:55:00 am »
A panda walks into a bar, sits down, and orders a sandwich. He eats, pulls out a gun, and shoots the waiter dead.

As the panda stands up to go, the bartender shouts, "Hey! Where are you going? You just shot my waiter and you didn't pay for the food!"

The panda yells back, "Hey man, I'm a panda. Look it up!"

The bartender opened his dictionary to `panda`, ? "A tree climbing mammal of Asian origin, characterized by distinct black and white colouring. Eats shoots and leaves."
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."  Duncan Vandiver

A boy can do half the work of a man, but two boys do less, and three boys get nothing done at all. :)

(False) Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.  - Samuel Johnson

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Eats shoots
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 07:26:17 am »
 :sad:
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 10:17:14 am »
>Eats shoots and leaves.

Punctuation can change everything. "Eats, shoots, and leaves."

"Let's eat Grandma"
"Let's eat, Grandma"

Punctuation can save lives...

My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 01:45:06 pm »
 :cheesy:
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 02:52:45 pm »
Somebody based a book on that and titled it eats shoots and runs. 
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Eric Bosworth

• Field Bee
  • I love New York... I hate the government.
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 06:18:18 pm »
Somebody based a book on that and titled it eats shoots and runs.
No... The title is Eats, Shoots & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns; that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party. ---Mao Tse Tung

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. ---Benjamin Franklin

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2017, 07:17:59 pm »
You're right.  My sister-in-law gave me a copy in paperback, so I should have gotten it right.  Duh.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Eric Bosworth

• Field Bee
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 04:25:11 am »
You're right.  My sister-in-law gave me a copy in paperback, so I should have gotten it right.  Duh.
My wife was reading something about some pesticide that said something about being harmful to cats some died but most got better after 1 to 5 days. I said huh? You mean it can bring cats back from the dead? She said apparently. Then she started talking about the book Eats Shoots and Leaves. Obviously whoever wrote the article she was reading never read Eats Shoots and Leaves.

All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns; that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party. ---Mao Tse Tung

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. ---Benjamin Franklin

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2017, 09:07:21 am »
>My wife was reading something about some pesticide that said something about being harmful to cats some died but most got better after 1 to 5 days.

Ambiguity can be so entertaining...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline jalentour

• Field Bee
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2017, 11:18:02 am »
I was pretty sure the story was fake news when the bartender pulled out a dictionary.

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2017, 11:32:39 am »
I was pretty sure the story was fake news when the bartender pulled out a dictionary.

You were okay with the part about a panda going into a bar, huh?  Ooookay. :rolleyes:

Offline Eric Bosworth

• Field Bee
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2017, 10:06:46 pm »
Along the same lines as eating shoots and leaves, is all purpose baking flour always in bloom? Why feed bees sugar when we can feed flour? When my wife is baking she often asks me to get the flour. I usually respond with do you want roses or carnations?

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2017, 07:44:59 am »
Hey, Eric, at least she's baking. Do you ask her for the spelling when she says she's going out to get ......."bread /// bred"?
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Eric Bosworth

• Field Bee
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2017, 09:17:03 pm »
Hey, Eric, at least she's baking. Do you ask her for the spelling when she says she's going out to get ......."bread /// bred"?
Hummm... I'll never let her go out to get bread again for fear she spelled it wrong...