Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Snow Mageddon 2?  (Read 1267 times)

Offline Donovan J

• House Bee
Snow Mageddon 2?
« on: January 08, 2020, 08:36:46 pm »
This week it has been pretty normal for this time of year. Next week is a different story. Beginning Sunday its going to get much colder with highs only getting into the mid 20s and lows in the teens with snow in the forecast.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 12:45:00 am by Xerox »
3rd year of beekeeping and I still have lots to learn

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Snow Magedon 2?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 08:59:49 pm »
Here too.  Snow is a good insulator, but make sure your entrance stays clear.  I usually A-frame a piece of wood in front of the hive to keep the snow off the entrance. 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Donovan J

• House Bee
Re: Snow Magedon 2?
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2020, 09:23:26 pm »
Here too.  Snow is a good insulator, but make sure your entrance stays clear.  I usually A-frame a piece of wood in front of the hive to keep the snow off the entrance.

I'll make sure to wipe the snow off the entrances

Offline Donovan J

• House Bee
Re: Snow Maggedon 2?
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2020, 12:17:10 am »
4-6 inches expected on Sunday with more later in the week. Here we usually dont get much snow if any and this year is shaping to be like a exception.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Snow Mageddon 2?
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 02:57:07 pm »
Here we usually dont get much snow if any and this year is shaping to be like a exception.

We don't get a lot.  I am right outside Sandy and on the snow line.  It has been mildish so far this winter, but that has changed in the last two weeks.  Cold, wet, and snow/ice on the way. 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Donovan J

• House Bee
Re: Snow Mageddon 2?
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2020, 04:18:23 pm »
Here we usually dont get much snow if any and this year is shaping to be like a exception.

We don't get a lot.  I am right outside Sandy and on the snow line.  It has been mildish so far this winter, but that has changed in the last two weeks.  Cold, wet, and snow/ice on the way.

Looking at your forecast your weather is going to be very similar to mine. Snow tomorrow night and a bigger snow storm on Wednsday.

anything