Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Tire make recomandation please  (Read 5200 times)

Offline Homeen11

• Brood
Tire make recomandation please
« on: March 28, 2018, 08:51:07 am »
Hello people i have a 12ft trailer witch i transport my equipment for bee, could somone tell me where can i find some good site for tire reviews  ?? I found that one https://tirereviews.co/ there is trailler tires and many more, but u guys maybe have other tips?!

Offline Beeboy01

• Field Bee
  • Oh Look A Honey Bee !!!
Re: Tire make recomandation please
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 07:30:06 pm »
I've a 26 foot travel trailer and have gone through my share of tires on it. I use a 205 x 15 radial on the trailer and have found that no matter what type of trailer tire you use they are only good for 5 years. I even had a spare that had never been used but was 7 years old blow out after only 75 miles. Lost three tires on a 200 mile trip that year and they all were over five years old. Goodyear Marathon tires are about the worst, I've used Gladiators and a couple other brands but have never had any trailer tire last over five years. Don't know if this helps but good luck with your selection.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 08:36:56 pm »
I am wondering now ... is there a car tire or truck tire that will last more then 5 years?
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 09:38:03 pm »
I have 4 tires on my cattle trailer that were old when a neighbor put them out by the side of the road. Then they sat in my barn for about 4 years before I put them on this trailer. They are the tires that go on mobile homes. My bet is that they are close to 10 years old. They are at least 5 ply.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 08:44:01 am »
We have pulled tires out of storage bins that are 20 years old and still good.  If you keep the sun off the rubber they will last a lot longer.  That is why they make covers for trailers and motor homes.  But if you are going to use the tire and not protect the rubber from the sun you got about 5 years.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2018, 02:05:48 pm »
We have pulled tires out of storage bins that are 20 years old and still good.  If you keep the sun off the rubber they will last a lot longer.  That is why they make covers for trailers and motor homes.  But if you are going to use the tire and not protect the rubber from the sun you got about 5 years.
Ace,
Sounds about right, these tires were in a barn before I got them and were stored in my barn.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Beeboy01

• Field Bee
  • Oh Look A Honey Bee !!!
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2018, 10:38:02 pm »
I cover the tires on my travel trailer but still only get 5-6 years out of them. I've even had a 7 year old spare blow out when it was on the spare tire holder. Just passing on my experiences with trailer tires over the last 15 years, take it any way you want.