Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: A LITTLE GUN HISTORY  (Read 3345 times)

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
A LITTLE GUN HISTORY
« on: March 16, 2018, 06:43:46 am »

A LITTLE GUN HISTORY

PLEASE DON'T THINK  FOR A MOMENT, THAT THIS  COULDN'T HAPPEN IN OUR COUNTRY ALSO !!!!!!

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control:

From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------
In 1911, Turkey established gun control:

From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------
Germany established gun control in 1938:

From 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------
China established gun control in 1935:
            From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------
Guatemala established gun control in 1964:

From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------
Uganda established gun control in 1970:

From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------
Cambodia established gun control in 1956:

From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.   
-----------------------
56 million defenseless people were rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control.   
-----------------------
You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information.

Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.

With guns, we are 'citizens'; without them, we are 'subjects'.

During WW II, the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED!

Gun owners in the USA are the largest armed forces in the World!

If you value your freedom, please spread this anti-gun control message to all of your friends.

The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense.

The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either.

SWITZERLAND ISSUES A GUN TO EVERY HOUSEHOLD! SWITZERLAND'S GOVERNMENT ISSUES AND TRAINS EVERY ADULT IN THE USE OF A RIFLE.

SWITZERLAND HAS THE LOWEST GUN RELATED CRIME RATE OF ANY CIVILIZED COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!!!

IT'S A NO BRAINER!  DON'T LET OUR GOVERNMENT WASTE MILLIONS OF OUR TAX DOLLARS IN AN  EFFORT TO MAKE ALL LAW-ABIDING CITIZENS  AN EASY TARGET.

I'm a firm believer in the 2nd Amendment!  If you are too, please forward this.   If you're not a believer, please reconsider the true facts.  This is history; not what's being shown on TV, sanctioned by our illustrious delusional leaders in Washington .

Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: A LITTLE GUN HISTORY
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 12:26:37 pm »
Here are a few quotes:

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."--Jeff Cooper

"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim."--Jeff Cooper

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."--Jeff Cooper

"Political correctness is neither political nor is it correct. It amounts to social censorship, and the sooner we spit it out, the better."--Jeff Cooper

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever the cost, fight back!"--Jeff Cooper

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician."--Jeff Cooper

"Blessed are those who, in the face of death, think only about the front sight."--Jeff Cooper

"The consensus is that no more than five to ten people in a hundred who die by gunfire in Los Angeles are any loss to society. These people fight small wars amongst themselves. It would seem a valid social service to keep them well-supplied with ammunition."--Jeff Cooper

"It appears that the murder rate inside prisons is ten times higher than that outside prisons. It must be due to all those Kalashnikov rifles that are issued to prisoners upon their incarceration."--Jeff Cooper

"Observe your cat. It is difficult to surprise him. Why--Naturally his superior hearing is part of the answer, but not all of it. He moves well, using his senses fully. He is not preoccupied with irrelevancies. He's not thinking about his job or his image or his income tax. He is putting first things first, principally his physical security. Do likewise."--Jeff Cooper

"One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not agree that 'violence begets violence.' I told him that it is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure - and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy."--Jeff Cooper

"A smart man only believes half of what he hears, a wise man knows which half."--Jeff Cooper

"The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory."--Jeff Cooper

"The will to survive is not as important as the will to prevail... the answer to criminal aggression is retaliation."--Jeff Cooper

"Weapons compound man's power to achieve; they amplify the capabilities of both the good man and the bad, and to exactly the same degree, having no will of their own. Thus we must regard them as servants, not masters - and good servants to good men. Without them, man is diminished, and his opportunities to fulfill his destiny are lessened. An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."--Jeff Cooper

"If you find yourself under lethal attack don't be kind. Be harsh. Be tough. Be ruthless."--Jeff Cooper

"The only acceptable response to the threat of lethal violence is immediate and savage counterattack. If you resist, you just may get killed. If you don't resist you almost certainly will get killed. It is a tough choice, but there is only one right answer."--Jeff Cooper

"One cannot legislate the maniacs off the street... these maniacs can only be shut down by an armed citizenry. Indeed bad things can happen in nations where the citizenry is armed, but not as bad as those which seem to be threatening our disarmed citizenry in this country at this time."--Jeff Cooper

"According to Herodotus, the ancient Persians felt that what was necessary in the background of a young man entering adulthood was his ability to ride, shoot straight, and speak the truth. Perhaps we should now grant our college degrees to young men who measure up to that standard."--Jeff Cooper

"Not long ago it was easy to tell who the bad guys were. They carried Kalashnikovs. Now it is much more complicated, but one thing is sure - any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen."--Jeff Cooper

"If you don't understand weapons you don't understand fighting. If you don't understand fighting you don't understand war. If you don't understand war you don't understand history. And if you don't understand history you might as well live with your head in a sack."--Jeff Cooper

"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen."--Jeff Cooper

"The rifle is a weapon. Let there be no mistake about that. It is a tool of power, and thus dependent completely upon the moral stature of its user. It is equally useful in securing meat for the table, destroying group enemies on the battlefield, and resisting tyranny. In fact, it is the only means of resisting tyranny, since a citizenry armed with rifles simply cannot be tyrannized."--Jeff Cooper

"We are steadily asked about the age at which to teach young people to shoot. The answer to this obviously depends upon the particular individual; not only his physical maturity but his desire. Apart from these considerations, however, I think it important to understand that it is the duty of the father to teach the son to shoot. Before the young man leaves home, there are certain things he should know and certain skills he should acquire, apart from any state-sponsored activity. Certainly the youngster should be taught to swim, strongly and safely, at distance. And young people of either sex should be taught to drive a motor vehicle, and if at all possible, how to fly a light airplane. I believe a youngster should be taught the rudiments of hand-to-hand combat, unarmed, together with basic survival skills. The list is long, but it is a parent's duty to make sure that the child does not go forth into the world helpless in the face of its perils. Shooting, of course, is our business, and shooting should not be left up to the state."--Jeff Cooper

"It is interesting to hear certain kinds of people insist that the citizen cannot fight the government. This would have been news to the men of Lexington and Concord, as well as the Mujahedeen in Afghanistan. The citizen most certainly can fight the government, and usually wins when he tries. Organized national armies are useful primarily for fighting against other organized national armies. When they try to fight against the people, they find themselves at a very serious disadvantage. If you will just look around at the state of the world today, you will see that the guerillero has the upper hand. Irregulars usually defeat regulars, providing they have the will. Such fighting is horrible to contemplate, but will continue to dominate brute strength."--Jeff Cooper

"It has never been clear to me why increased magazine capacity in a defensive pistol is particularly choice. The bigger the magazine the bigger the gun, and the bigger the gun the harder it is to get hold of for people with small hands. And what, pray, does one need all those rounds for--How many lethal antagonists do you think you are going to be able to handle--Once when Bruce Nelson was asked by a suspect if the thirteen-round magazine in the P35 was not a big advantage, Bruce's answer was, "Well, yes, if you plan to miss a lot.--The highest score I know of at this time achieved by one man against a group of armed adversaries was recorded in (of all places) the Ivory Coast! There, some years ago, a graduate student of mine laid out five goblins, with four dead and one totaled for the hospital. Of course there is the episode of Alvin York and his eight, but there is some dispute about that tale. (If you read it over very carefully you will see what I mean.) Be that as it may, I see no real need for a double column magazine. It is all the rage, of course, and like dual air bags, it is a popular current sales gimmick."--Jeff Cooper

"One cannot legislate the maniacs off the street--these maniacs can only be shut down by an armed citizenry. Indeed bad things can happen in nations where the citizenry is armed, but not as bad as those which seem to be threatening our disarmed citizenry in this country at this time."--Jeff Cooper

"Remember the first rule of gunfighting--"have a gun." "--Jeff Cooper

"The will to survive is not as important as the will to prevail--the answer to criminal aggression is retaliation."--Jeff Cooper

"Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands."--Jeff Cooper

"All the people constitute the militia --according to the Founding Fathers. Therefore every able-bodied man has a duty under the Constitution to become part of the "well-regulated--militia", specifically to understand and perform well with the individual weapon currently issued to the regular establishment. . . . Thus one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."--Jeff Cooper

"The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range."--Jeff Cooper

"Bushido is all very well in its way, but it is no match for a 30-06."--Jeff Cooper

"A free man must not be told how to think, either by the government or by social activists. He may certainly be shown the right way, but he must not accept being forced into it."--Jeff Cooper

"The conclusions seem inescapable that in certain circles a tendency has arisen to fear people who fear government. Government, as the Father of Our Country put it so well, is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. People who understand history, especially the history of government, do well to fear it. For a people to express openly their fear of those of us who are afraid of tyranny is alarming. Fear of the state is in no sense subversive. It is, to the contrary, the healthiest political philosophy for a free people."--Jeff Cooper's Commentaries, vol. 4, no. 16, December, 1996

"Hoplophobia is a mental disturbance characterized by irrational aversion to weapons, as opposed to justified apprehension about those who may wield them."--Jeff Cooper, To Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth

"The media insist that crime is the major concern of the American public today. In this connection they generally push the point that a disarmed society would be a crime-free society. They will not accept the truth that if you take all the guns off the street you still will have a crime problem, whereas if you take the criminals off the street you cannot have a gun problem."--Jeff Cooper

"In the larger sense, however, the personal ownership of firearms is only secondarily a matter of defense against the criminal. Note the following from Thomas Jefferson:

The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government.

That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."--Jeff Cooper's Commentaries, Vol. 2, No. 5, May 1994

"The data from the 1990 Harvard Medical Practice Study suggest that 150,000 Americans die every year from doctors' negligence - compared with 38,000 gun deaths annually. Why are doctors not declared a public health menace? Because they save more lives than they take. And so it is with guns. Every year, good Americans use guns about 2.5 million times to protect themselves and their families, which means 65 lives are protected by guns for every life lost to a gun."--Dr. Edgar Suter, San Francisco Chronicle, July 12, 1994, Opinion (p. A17)

"You might not know that peaceable, law-abiding Americans use their personal firearms about 5,500 times a day for self-defense.... Not that there are 5,500 defensive shootings a day, as the mere display of a gun and verbal warning to an attacker usually resolves the situation without any shots fired.  In fact, private citizens shoot nearly three times more violent criminals than do the police, while wounding far fewer bystanders than do the police.  The media doesn't admit this, but the NRA compiles new clippings of such incidents in "The Armed Citizen." "--Boston T. Party, Boston's Gun Bible, p. 32-5; statistics from Kleck Study

"According to the National Crime Survey administered by the Bureau of the Census and the National Institute of Justice, it was found that only 12 percent of those who use a gun to resist assault are injured, as are 17 percent of those who use a gun to resist robbery. These percentages are 27 and 25 percent, respectively, if they passively comply with the felon's demands. Three times as many were injured if they used other means of resistance."--G. Kleck, "Policy Lessons from Recent Gun Control Research"       

"There's no question that weapons in the hands of the public have prevented acts of terror or stopped them."--Shlomo Aharonisky

"Suppose one little old lady in ten carries a gun. Suppose that one in ten of those, if attacked by a mugger, succeeds in killing the mugger instead of being killed by him - or shooting herself in the foot. On average, the mugger is much more likely to win the encounter than the little old lady.  But - also on average - every hundred muggings produces one dead mugger. At those odds, mugging is an unprofitable business - not many little old ladies carry enough money to justify one chance in a hundred of being killed getting it. The number of muggers declines drastically, not because they have all been killed but because they have, rationally, sought safer professions."--David Friedman, The Economics of Everyday Life (New York: Harper, 1996),

"You can spout all the anti-gun noise you want. You can tell me guns are 'macho' and 'masculine', and accuse me of trying to be like the 'big boys' if I carry one. I don't care. I've been raped, and I've decided that I would much rather defend myself than sit back quietly and be 'ladylike'."--Julie Batson

"Boys who own legal firearms have much lower rates of delinquency and drug use and are even slightly less delinquent than nonowners of guns.--U.S. Department of Justice, "Urban Delinquency and Substance Abuse," August 1995.

"Are we at last brought to such a humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our own defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in our own possession and under our own direction, and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the_real_object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?"--Patrick Henry (1736-1799), Virginia Convention - Ratification of Constitution - 1788

"When a government controls both the economic power of individuals and the coercive power of the state ... this violates a fundamental rule of happy living: Never let the people with all the money and the people with all the guns be the same people."--P. J. O'Rourke (b. 1947)

"A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand."--Seneca the Elder (54 BC-39 AD), Letters to Lucilius

"I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, 'cause it's going to be empty."--Clint Smith
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline jalentour

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 12:37:16 am »
And if the bow and arrow were were worth a darn....
Thanks for the history lesson.

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 12:12:56 pm »

A LITTLE GUN HISTORY

PLEASE DON'T THINK  FOR A MOMENT, THAT THIS  COULDN'T HAPPEN IN OUR COUNTRY ALSO !!!!!!

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control:

From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------
In 1911, Turkey established gun control:

From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------
Germany established gun control in 1938:

From 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------
China established gun control in 1935:
            From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------
Guatemala established gun control in 1964:

From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------
Uganda established gun control in 1970:

From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------
Cambodia established gun control in 1956:

From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.   
-----------------------
56 million defenseless people were rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control.   
-----------------------
You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information.

Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.

With guns, we are 'citizens'; without them, we are 'subjects'.

During WW II, the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED!

Gun owners in the USA are the largest armed forces in the World!

If you value your freedom, please spread this anti-gun control message to all of your friends.

The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense.

The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either.

SWITZERLAND ISSUES A GUN TO EVERY HOUSEHOLD! SWITZERLAND'S GOVERNMENT ISSUES AND TRAINS EVERY ADULT IN THE USE OF A RIFLE.

SWITZERLAND HAS THE LOWEST GUN RELATED CRIME RATE OF ANY CIVILIZED COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!!!

IT'S A NO BRAINER!  DON'T LET OUR GOVERNMENT WASTE MILLIONS OF OUR TAX DOLLARS IN AN  EFFORT TO MAKE ALL LAW-ABIDING CITIZENS  AN EASY TARGET.

I'm a firm believer in the 2nd Amendment!  If you are too, please forward this.   If you're not a believer, please reconsider the true facts.  This is history; not what's being shown on TV, ]Sponsored by your friendly gun manufacturer and the NRA :grin:

When you have read the above please click the link below to see what the Swiss think!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21379912
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 12:49:58 pm by cidersabuzzin »
What's good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 01:35:23 pm »
Yea, one person thinks that way so the other million people have to be without their weapons!
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin