Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Pink The Border Collie  (Read 3765 times)

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Pink The Border Collie
« on: November 04, 2019, 03:56:36 pm »
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
Re: Pink The Border Collie
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 07:01:17 pm »
Wow!  Amazing how fast she is!
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline herbhome

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 06:25:59 pm »
Now that's what I call a stem-winder!  :smile:
Neill

Offline Seeb

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2020, 12:13:00 pm »
I had a short stay with a family in New Zealand on a 300 acre cattle farm, and loved watching their Collie bring the cows home.  The owner told me a story that he had bought a collie from a much larger farm and couldn't keep him, because there was not enough work to keep the dog happy. He said he knew he had to do it when he saw his Border Collie herding his neighbors cows down the road into one of his pastures. I was told this story many years ago, but I still laugh when i remember it.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 11:30:06 pm »
I had a short stay with a family in New Zealand on a 300 acre cattle farm, and loved watching their Collie bring the cows home.  The owner told me a story that he had bought a collie from a much larger farm and couldn't keep him, because there was not enough work to keep the dog happy. He said he knew he had to do it when he saw his Border Collie herding his neighbors cows down the road into one of his pastures. I was told this story many years ago, but I still laugh when i remember it.

Border Collies are wonderful dogs for sure. Their level of intelligence and communication is out of the roof!
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2022, 08:12:08 am »
Seeb
"he saw his Border Collie herding his neighbors cows"

One of mine did the same thing when he was a puppy (about 8 months old)! It was funny. He had about 20 yearlings rounded up on a knoll. Very intelligent. A no and he understood to wait on instructions. It has been my experience they are very intelligent.

Phillip

Online Lesgold

• Queen Bee
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2022, 06:11:50 am »
I still miss my border collie ?Ticka? We lost her 3 years ago. She used to be at my side no matter where I was. Loved coming down with me to the bees. Unfortunately, the bees did not enjoy her playful nature. They used to attack her on mass on a regular basis. After a few painful trips, she decided it was safer to watch me from the top of the hill (well away from the bees).

I fell in love with border collies when I was a young boy. I remember visiting some friends (over 50 years ago) The owner of the farm ran a dairy herd. We were sitting around having some afternoon tea and cake and the owner of the farm turned to his collie and told her to bring the cows home for milking. With that command, the dog took off out of site over a distant hill. About 10 minutes later the dog and cows came into site. All the cows were guided into a holding yard by the dog with no instruction from the farmer. When the cows were all inside the yard, the dog was called by the farmer and given a beating. He held the dog by the collar and pointed to a cow and her calf that should not have been returned to the holding yard. I remember feeling really angry yet impressed at the same time. I could not believe that an animal could be so intelligent. I made a promise to myself that I would one day own a border collie.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2022, 08:03:06 am »
Lesgold
I still miss my border collie ''Ticka'' We lost her 3 years ago.

Les we lost our last one three years ago also. Actually 3 years ago just past October. We gladly received another Border Collie puppy Monday.
:grin: :grin:

Phillip

« Last Edit: November 02, 2022, 08:30:07 am by Ben Framed »