Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Not the Christmas we planned but...  (Read 1282 times)

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Not the Christmas we planned but...
« on: December 24, 2022, 11:35:51 am »
For all of us with farms and critters stuck in this awful weather, Merry Christmas.  Sliding around on a sheet of ice trying to keep everyone fed and watered is not what we had planned for Christmas, but it doesn't look like it will get much better before the big day.  This is the life we chose.  Keep telling yourself that!   :grin:

Merry Christmas, and a wish for no broken bones, to all my Beemaster friends!
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: Not the Christmas we planned but...
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2022, 11:39:34 am »
🎄 Merry Christmas Kathy and to All! 🎄

Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2022, 11:45:22 am »
Merry Christmas, everyone!  :happy:  I've been feeling pretty lucky, since my bees don't require constant monitoring during the cold.  I've been doing all the warm inside work while my sisters are running in and out trying to keep their goats and chickens and bunnies fed, watered, and warm. 
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2022, 02:11:47 pm »
Got  heater in with the chickens and the dog is on the couch and the bees are on their own.  You cannot believe how glad I am that I did not buy a milk cow. :grin:
Marry Christmas.
Cheers
gww

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2022, 04:52:19 pm »
You cannot believe how glad I am that I did not buy a milk cow. :grin:

Me too! Not today!

Merry Christmas
« Last Edit: December 24, 2022, 05:39:34 pm by Ben Framed »
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2022, 07:56:54 pm »
Merry Christmas.
I spent yesterday draining water from pumps and pipes and hoses. Today I worked on putting a 2? thick insulation trap door on top of the ladder going into my attic. With these temperatures it drops a lot of cold air into my bedroom.
The cows water troth had a one inch thick piece of ice on top. The cows and donkeys broke a hole in a corner and now the ice is suspended 6 inches above the water. We have not had it this cold for a long time.
So much for global warming.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2022, 08:50:57 am »
Add a small attic fan and it will create enough of a neg pressure to keep cold leaks from entering the bedroom.  Just run it at night.
Global warming refers to the oceans which cause havoc on weather patterns.  Just ask those in Ft Myers and what we are experiencing now.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

anything