ALMOST BEEKEEPING - RELATED TOPICS > OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES FORUM

Should You Carry In The Outdoors?

(1/2) > >>

Ben Framed:
About one minute of eye opening!

https://youtube.com/shorts/t9wV9Evy6Ow?feature=share

Ben Framed:
Not so sure I would not have went-on and let him have it! He might sneak, or circle around for another ambush attempt further up the line, or he may attack another human-being who may be caught flat footed and unsuspecting of danger until it's too late.
(The Mountain Lion didn't seem very scared of the report of the warning shots fired). (Or was it warning shots? Maybe he flat out missed? lol
If so it is understandable, probably scared and shaky himself?)

So; Should the outdoorsman have let him have it?
What are your thoughts?
🤷🏼‍♂️

Phillip

Bill Murray:
look to me as if he tried. Flat out missed, as stated. If you heard his breathing, scared to death. Heart rate up, adrenaline rushing, shaking.

You can shoot at targets all day long, but till it happens you dont know how your body will react. Second time wont be so bad for him.

The pistola probably saved him though.

Michael Bush:
>You can shoot at targets all day long, but till it happens you dont know how your body will react. Second time wont be so bad for him.

True.  I had been hunting deer for years with a rifle with no issue, but the first time I was bow hunting and had a deer less than 10 yards from me, I was shaking so badly I couldn't pull the bow.  Next time wasn't so bad.  You can't predict what you body will do without your permission.

Ben Framed:
One thing is for sure. The Mountian Lion had him marked for lunch! I doubt the lion would hesitate to equally claim another human as lunch as well on another day? Especially if hungry? 🤷 He didn?t seem overly discouraged?

Phillip

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version