Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: A Wholly And Unjustified Brutal Invasion of Iraq?  (Read 149 times)

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
A Wholly And Unjustified Brutal Invasion of Iraq?
« on: May 19, 2022, 07:46:21 am »
Maybe you got it right the first time George B.? (Iraq ha, I mean Ukraine)

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
Re: A Wholly And Unjustified Brutal Invasion of Iraq?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2022, 11:44:56 am »
Lol.  I saw that.  My opinion of the invasion of Iraq is different.  It was justified and should have been done the moment they broke the terms of the cease-fire agreement.  Strategically, it was a better place for us to be than Afghanistan.  Iraq has an educated population that, for the most part, is not Islamist.  A big base there would have been a deterrent to Iran.  Negotiations with Iran (not that I think they would ever work) would have meant more with our jets flying around making big sonic booms along their border.

Afghanistan should have been a bunch of MOABs and done in a few days. 

There is no week nor day nor hour when tyranny may not enter upon this country, if the people lose their roughness and spirit of defiance.? --Walt Whitman

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2022, 11:56:01 am »
Kathy I found this CBS article interesting. Accurate? I do not know...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/gi-guards-find-saddam-friendly/
GI Guards Find Saddam 'Friendly' - CBS News
June 20, 2005 / 1:41 PM / CBS/AP. Thrust unexpectedly into the role of
prison guards for Saddam Hussein, a group of young American soldiers found
the deposed Iraqi leader to be a friendly ...
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2022, 04:52:19 pm »
Not sure his behavior after being caught means much.  I thought we were wrong for chastising the Iraqis who executed him when they celebrated.  They had a right to celebrate.

Where we screwed up was in the aftermath of taking him down.  We had a really good opportunity to form a lasting alliance there.  That does fall on Bush, his state and defense depts. 
There is no week nor day nor hour when tyranny may not enter upon this country, if the people lose their roughness and spirit of defiance.? --Walt Whitman

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2022, 05:16:03 pm »
Right or wrong, this was Trumps View back in 2016...