Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Of The Two Pollen Traps, Which Is Your Choice?  (Read 308 times)

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Of The Two Pollen Traps, Which Is Your Choice?
« on: April 11, 2024, 12:08:41 am »
of the two , which is your favorite?  Sundance or Superior Pollen Trap.
Or is there another type that you prefer even better?
« Last Edit: Today at 12:59:26 am by Ben Framed »
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
Re: Of The Two, Which Is Your Choice?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2024, 12:56:22 am »
   I've had a good experience with sundance.. Pollen trap.. This was recommended to me.. Buy a commercial Beekeeper
He actually collects pollen for sale.. And has about a 100. On his hives.. At any given time in the springtime..
Yes he collection for sale. All I can tell you . This pollen trap works well for me.

BEE HAPPY  Jim134   :smile:
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2024, 01:07:11 am »
Once again as many times before, I Thank you Jim134.

Phillip
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2024, 06:35:19 am »
I have several Sundance IIs and had one or two Sundance (back when I had bottom entrances).  The only complaint is the price, but I always thought they were worth it.  When I tried cheaper ones I was not impressed.  Sometimes the bees just wouldn't use the cheaper ones.  The Sundance is designed to let some pollen through all the time so they don't have to do without.  I'm not so sure of the others.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2024, 08:35:21 am »
Thanks Mr Bush

Phillip

Offline Bill Murray

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2024, 11:54:28 am »
Phillip I purchased the apimaye bottom board/pollen trap combo they make, to try out this year. I am very happy with them so far. For some reason Im not getting all the bee parts/trash. as I did with the other bottom traps I had. Also they were priced right for a box of 6 direct from Apimaye. And there customer service was top notch.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2024, 01:33:32 pm »
I really appreciate this information Bill. The added bonus of less trash plus the price being right has my full attention! Thank you,

Phillip

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2024, 02:16:12 pm »
This video is 14 Years old, made by John Pluta at Georgia Bees. Here he shows how he collects pollen and explains other aspects of the art as he works.

https://youtu.be/TPdJF5N4UXs?si=PASSaR_Hv2xs96bO