Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: MMMMMMMMM Good  (Read 4060 times)

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
MMMMMMMMM Good
« on: October 05, 2019, 07:16:10 am »
We put an 8 lb. boston butt in the smoker at 6 AM. It should be pulled pork about 6 PM. Soaked it in brine from Tuesday until now. Using apple chips for the smoke.   :happy: :happy:
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
Re: MMMMMMMMM Good
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 09:09:25 am »
And now I want meat for breakfast.  :grin:
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 10:22:40 am »
We put an 8 lb. boston butt in the smoker at 6 AM. It should be pulled pork about 6 PM. Soaked it in brine from Tuesday until now. Using apple chips for the smoke.   :happy: :happy:

MMMMMMMMM Good Is right! Do you have an airport close to your house? :wink:
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2019, 12:12:47 pm »
Sounds great Iddee I?m on my way. 🤗
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2019, 01:53:41 am »
Well iddee, was it as good as expected?  :tongue: :grin:
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2019, 08:09:23 am »
ABSOLUTELY.  And enough left over for sandwiches this week.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2019, 10:39:07 pm »
ABSOLUTELY.  And enough left over for sandwiches this week.

:grin:

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2019, 06:45:02 am »
Last we we stopped at a house that had lots of persimmons on the tree and on the ground. We talked to the owner and he told use to take as much as we wanted. We put them on the counter to ripen. This week Judy made 20 jars of persimmon jelly. It is a very light flavored but good tasting jelly and it is disappearing fast. We will be taking a couple of jars of jelly a jar of honey back to the home ones today.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2019, 10:53:28 am »
We put away 12 pints of persimmon pulp. We make persimmon pudding Never tried the jelly. May look it up.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2019, 06:53:37 am »
I know the coons like em. There was three in our tree just the other night. The border collie was thinking he was a blue tick!!

Offline 1frozenhillbilly

• House Bee
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2020, 05:02:20 am »
hey grandpa whats for supper???
vegetarian???  isn't green stuff for growing meat?
I'm now KL4GU general ham

Offline Seeb

• House Bee
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2020, 06:18:53 pm »
We put away 12 pints of persimmon pulp. We make persimmon pudding

Iddee - my brother made what he called a "hard whipped cream" flavored with Drambuie to serve over warm persimmon pudding. He froze and then moved it to the refrigerator. It hardened enough to slice/crumble on top of the pudding. I'm telling you, it was excellent.

Offline jalentour

• Field Bee
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2020, 09:30:56 pm »
Suddenly I'm very hungry.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2020, 11:54:14 pm »
Jerry Clower, once told a joke of being in the fruit and tea business. Persimmon and sassafras.  Which was once plentiful here in the south.