Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Greets from Albania.  (Read 2660 times)

Offline Eraldi78

• New Bee
  • Stay Positive, Detox your Life and say: Thank You.
Greets from Albania.
« on: October 27, 2017, 07:16:47 pm »
Hello there. I am new here. My name is Erald Nano and I am from Albania. I am new in the wonderful world of the bees, but I am in love with them. Actually I have 50 hives and my goal is to arrive at 200. My bee park is located in a beautiful rural village of south Albania in an altitude of 850m. The location is surrounded by mountains, pesticides free, and the most important flower is sage.  I wish all the best for all of you.
Greets from Albania.

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Greets from Albania.
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 09:12:46 pm »
Welcome to Beemaster.
50 hives? How new to beekeeping are you.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline herbhome

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 12:04:40 am »
Yumm Sage honey!

Welcome Erald!
Neill

Offline little john

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2017, 06:01:52 am »

Hi Jim - 6yrs (from another post) - seems like this guy is being just a tad modest ...

Hi Erald - your situation sounds like a beekeeping paradise !  Would like to know more - such as what type of bees and hives you have.  Is there a good market for your honey ?  I can imagine there must be lots of competition within such ideal countryside.

Best of luck, and a warm welcome to the forum.
LJ
A Heretics Guide to Beekeeping - http://heretics-guide.atwebpages.com

Offline Eraldi78

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2017, 06:05:13 pm »
Welcome to Beemaster.
Jim

Hi sawdstmakr. Thank you for your welcome. I have just 5 full seasons that I work with bees, and the 6th is just started :) When I used to say "New" it's because: in my opinion a man's life is never enough to say I know enough. 
Greets from Albania.

Offline Eraldi78

• New Bee
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2017, 06:07:40 pm »
Yumm Sage honey!

Welcome Erald!

Thank you herbhome, if you happen to be around Albania, you are welcome to come and to try it. ;)
Greets from Albania.

Offline Eraldi78

• New Bee
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2017, 06:59:52 pm »

Hi Jim - 6yrs (from another post) - seems like this guy is being just a tad modest ...

Hi Erald - your situation sounds like a beekeeping paradise !  Would like to know more - such as what type of bees and hives you have.  Is there a good market for your honey ?  I can imagine there must be lots of competition within such ideal countryside.

Best of luck, and a warm welcome to the forum.
LJ

Hello  little john. First of all thank you for welcoming me. Honestly, I don't want to be modest, but I really think that 5 years are very few in the world of bees (the 6th has just started). Thank you also for your interest to know more about me and how we deal with the bees here in Albania. I live in Durres, in the second biggest city of Albania after Tirana (capital city) just 35 km away. I decided to start with the bees as a hobby after 2 years of very intensive theory studying.  My grand parents' origin is from the village where my bees park is located. I started the first year with just 3 hives. We use Langstroth hives, with 10 frames. Apis mellifera Carnica is the type of bees we have. About the market, of course is very difficult. We sell our honey only to friends, people we know, but if the quality is on top the interested people come to you more, from year to year. In the markets the honey comes from import. It is fake in 80% of the cases, but the people in general, especially who have never tried a real raw honey goes to buy it there. Anyway the things are changing here for better. Let's hope for the best in the future. Until now I haven't had problems to sell my honey. But, of course the quantity is not to much. I produce from 2 years the Royal Jelly, too. Its price is high here (about 7Euro/Gr.) but there is not enough market. If you want to now something more, or if you are curious, let me know. I can send photos, or videos from my bees and the place where they are located. It will be a pleasure for me ;) I wish you all the best.  P.S. Sorry for my English, I try to do my best ;)
Greets from Albania.

Offline tycrnp

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2017, 12:11:25 am »
Welcome!

Offline Eraldi78

• New Bee
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2017, 02:33:32 pm »
Greets from Albania.

anything