Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Requiring "location" field  (Read 3021 times)

Offline KeyLargoBees

• Field Bee
    • Pirate Hat Apiary
Requiring "location" field
« on: February 29, 2016, 08:25:40 am »
Is there any way to make that field required or in some other way prompt people to fill it in?.....seems like every other new member the first thing said in the welcome forum is  "add your location" LOL.
Jeff Wingate

Changes in Latitudes...Changes in Attitudes....are Florida Keys bees more laid back than the rest of the country...only time will tell!!!
piratehatapiary@gmail.com https://www.facebook.com/piratehatapiary

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Requiring "location" field
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 12:55:27 pm »
Jeff,
Some people are leary of adding their location. They may be afraid someone will steal there bees if they add it.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline KeyLargoBees

• Field Bee
    • Pirate Hat Apiary
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 02:42:30 pm »
Not like we need a street address LOL
Jeff Wingate

Changes in Latitudes...Changes in Attitudes....are Florida Keys bees more laid back than the rest of the country...only time will tell!!!
piratehatapiary@gmail.com https://www.facebook.com/piratehatapiary

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 04:27:10 pm »
Yes, there is a way, but I don't think Beemaster wants to use it. Maybe a conflict with other software, or something. I don't know.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*