Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Post for Scott Derrick  (Read 2086 times)

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
Post for Scott Derrick
« on: January 11, 2007, 04:10:07 am »
Well here is my first "official" batch of honey. Just have to make some labels.

The dark honey I am caling "Mother In Law" Honey, as my mates mother in law says it reminds her of the old Bunyip honey from her youth, so I know Im on the right track. It also has a nice sharp after taste to it, its older honey, left on the frame for a couple of months.

The lighter stuff, I am going to call "Seaford Summer Honey" for obvious reasons.

It kinda looks the same in the pic, have to wait for when I can get the sun behind it.

I am really enjoying reaping the rewards of beekeeping, and the fellowship on this forum. Beekeeping is something I never thought, in my wildest dreams that I would get into. I can now understand how addictive it is.

I just enjoy giving it to friends and bartering it for fish, eggs, and rabbits. There is a sunday market up the road that I might attack in a month or so, make a few pennies.

Yeppers, Im pretty happy! Thats only two frames worth!

Offline Yarra_Valley

• House Bee
Re: Post for Scott Derrick
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 06:07:50 am »
nice work mate.

bartering hey? I think i have some home brew somewhere......

if you come to the next VAA meeting me can make a swap ;). Hopefully I will have some of my honey from Clunes ready and packaged by then.

James.
Careful, my pets can smell your hives. 8)

Offline Kirk-o

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 09:23:46 am »
Looks real Good to me
kirko
"It's not about Honey it's not about Money It's about SURVIVAL" Charles Martin Simmon

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 05:26:30 am »
OOOOOOO home brew!! I am trying sooooooooo hard not to get into that!

I think the meeting are held in kew, pity coz I spent all my life there, now am miles away lol.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 08:57:25 am »
Beautiful looking honey Mick.  I am grateful for entering the world of the honeybee too.  It is very addictive, like the title of a book by Eric Kelsey "The Spell of the Honeybee".  If you ever want to read a good book, beautifully written, read his.  Great day.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything