Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Sunday Chat with Howland  (Read 2637 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Sunday Chat with Howland
« on: March 20, 2005, 08:38:40 pm »
Hi Everyone:

We just finished a 2 hour chat session with Howland Blackiston - a total of 27 members (with as many as 16 at one time) joined us in chat, asking questions and doing general talk.

Because of there being no username varification in our chatroom - I asked Howland a question ONLY HE would know the answer to. He sent me a photo of him and his wife and I asked him WHAT he was wearing - the answer a 1938 Shauffers outfit!!!! Pretty hard to have just GUESSED that one, so it surely was Howland!

Just a written thank you to Howland and all that attended, I hope you enjoyed the time WHICH flew by.

Howland said he had a great time and will do it again - also, he agreed to a phone interview which will be in Beemaster Radio when it is conducted.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
Sunday Chat with Howland
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2005, 10:05:24 pm »
Wish I could have stayed and talked but a very close family friend died, bye
Ryan Horn

Offline BigRog

• House Bee
Sunday Chat with Howland
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 10:44:05 am »
It was a great chat
"Lurch my good man,…what did you mean when you said just now that 'You've got better things to do than run my petty little errands'…….?"

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Sunday Chat with Howland
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2005, 11:32:35 am »
Thanks Rog - and Ryan, sorry about your family friend!!!

I feel bad that I have a post here somewhere that said 6-8pm rather than 5-7pm, I think some people missed out because of it. Originally, a month ago when Howland was gonna try to make the chatroom, I think it was that time that might have been 6-8pm.
chat
That's the problem with lots of posting, they get mixed up, interpreted wrong and Gof knows that I'm not the brightest bulb in the light factory anymore - ugh.

But it was fun having him there - Howland wrote me VERY early this morning saying it was fun and looks forward to doing it again sometime and also the phone interview for Beemaster Radio.

He shared a link with me that I couldn't get to work - my computer here is in despirate need of reinstalling XP and I keep putting it off, although I have almost everything backed up I need saved.

The link he sent - and I'm sure it is fine to share (although I dso not know what it is about) is http://www.king-casey.com/ and click on LEARNING CENTER to see a presentation he did, or was part of. Someone can tell me how it works and if it is a nice way to demonstrate stuff here in the forums.

Back to work around the house - talk to everyone later :)
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Beth Kirkley

• House Bee
    • http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/GA216.html
Sunday Chat with Howland
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2005, 12:43:24 pm »
I tried the link, but couldn't get the learning center link to open. ???

So I didn't get to see anything either.

Beth

anything