BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > DISEASE & PEST CONTROL

I'm at it again

(1/3) > >>

Beeboy01:
Well this year I'm hoping to duplicate the Varroa mite, Oxalic acid experiment where I treated my hives with oxalic and then did a daily Varroa mite drop count with graphing the results.

This time I'm planning to treat all five of my hives every four days with a daily mite count. Not trying to prove anything, just gathering information. From last year's work it looked like six treatments would be sufficient for a decent mite knockdown.

I hit my hives with their first treatment today to get the ball rolling.

I plan to use graph paper for the results but would really like to join the 21 Century and use a graphing or spread sheet program for the information also. Does anybody have any recommendations for a decent and easy to use program which would fit my ticket?

Thanks

Ed 

iddee:
open office

https://www.openoffice.org/download/

Ben Framed:

--- Quote from: Beeboy01 on October 07, 2019, 06:30:21 pm ---Well this year I'm hoping to duplicate the Varroa mite, Oxalic acid experiment where I treated my hives with oxalic and then did a daily Varroa mite drop count with graphing the results.

This time I'm planning to treat all five of my hives every four days with a daily mite count. Not trying to prove anything, just gathering information. From last year's work it looked like six treatments would be sufficient for a decent mite knockdown.

I hit my hives with their first treatment today to get the ball rolling.

I plan to use graph paper for the results but would really like to join the 21 Century and use a graphing or spread sheet program for the information also. Does anybody have any recommendations for a decent and easy to use program which would fit my ticket?

Thanks

Ed

--- End quote ---

I encourage you! Thanks

Beeboy01:
Iddee, thanks for the link, couldn't find anything that was just right. Ended up finding this https://www.onlinecharttool.com/ which looks like it will work.
   I'll post the data weekly once I start the counts. Hope the rain clears up by this afternoon need to get the ball rolling.

TheHoneyPump:
Awesome!   Looking forward to it. :)
If I may suggest, do an alcohol wash sample before starting the regimen.  And do another wash sample at the end of the regimen.  The daily bottom board count will reveal how fast or slow the mites drop after each OAV shot.  The beginning and end wash samples will reveal the overall effectiveness start-finish of the entire regimen. 

If you have a google account, there is an entire application suite available.  And it is all FREE.   Look into Google Docs as a simple and cross platform solution for the basics.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version