Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: I Have Too Many Bees  (Read 339 times)

Offline Bill Murray

• House Bee
Re: I Have Too Many Bees
« Reply #20 on: Today at 10:12:58 am »

poor bees working, fanning doing their best to dry the nectar

I had to chuckle at this, because it was exactly what I was thinking when tapping that last post out.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #21 on: Today at 10:18:51 am »
 :grin: :wink:
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #22 on: Today at 10:36:43 am »
One of the reasons I like top entrances is because moist air rises.  You need to let the moisture out.  Also why I don't like too much ventilation.  Because the bees can't control the environment if there is too much ventilation.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #23 on: Today at 10:41:12 am »
One of the reasons I like top entrances is because moist air rises.  You need to let the moisture out.  Also why I don't like too much ventilation.  Because the bees can't control the environment if there is too much ventilation.

All good points Mr Bush. I agree that too much ventilation can also be a problem for the reason you stated. The important balance is the key..

Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.