Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Scirocco  (Read 995 times)

Offline Scirocco

• Brood
Scirocco
« on: January 09, 2024, 03:39:23 am »
First time here, first forum on beekeeping I have been to. Have lots of questions and will post them in the proper places, have retired and have wanted to get into beekeeping for several years. I have been reading a lot about beekeeping and I?m planning to start a hive next spring and want to be prepared with all the information to be successful.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: Scirocco
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2024, 04:21:18 am »
First time here, first forum on beekeeping I have been to. Have lots of questions and will post them in the proper places, have retired and have wanted to get into beekeeping for several years. I have been reading a lot about beekeeping and I?m planning to start a hive next spring and want to be prepared with all the information to be successful.

Welcome Scirocco! In preparation for my first bees was why joined Beemaster as well. It is good that you are seeking to learn 'before' you get the bees. Ask those questions, we are here to help. And remember the archives are packed with great information!

Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2024, 08:57:44 am »
Welcome to Beemaster.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Terri Yaki

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2024, 09:47:49 am »
Welcome from PA, Scirroco, I am in the same boat you are. Been reading and studying and have enrolled in a beekeeping course at my local beekeepers club. Doing so is highly recommended by many so I booked it. You have Aurora listed as home, CO, IL, or elsewhere?

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2024, 03:24:31 pm »
Welcome to Beemaster, Scirocco!  :happy:  Feel free to ask any and all questions you have, we love to talk bees! 

You have Aurora listed as home, CO, IL, or elsewhere?
Please update your location to be more specific.  Beekeeping is very local, and your location will help us to answer your questions better. 
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2024, 05:43:13 pm »
Welcome and also use the search feature if you are looking for specific things.  There are years of questions and answers here...but also feel free to ask away.  If you have a question, someone else probably has the same one!
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline AustinB

• House Bee
  • Christian, father, outdoorsman
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2024, 09:59:19 am »
Welcome to the forum Scirocco!
Is your handle named for the great wind, or are you a VW guy?
The just man walketh in his integrity: his children are blessed after him.
Proverbs 20:7

Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. Proberbs 16:24