Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New kid on the block  (Read 1975 times)

Offline Bcrazy

• New Bee
New kid on the block
« on: June 17, 2008, 06:52:27 pm »
Hi Members,
I have heard about this Forum from other 'beeks' from over the pond.  I thought I would like to see whats on offer and hopefully contribute to a informative Forum.
About myself.  I have kept bees for 10 years, not a long time in most beekeeping circles, but enough to know a little bit about these marvelous little insects.  I am keen on microscopy which entails pollen recognition, the external and internal 'bits' of the honey bee, and disease recognition.
I live in Cambridgeshire, UK.
That's about all there is to tell I think.
Best regards;
Bcrazy
Bcrazy

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
Re: New kid on the block
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 07:04:15 pm »
Welcome aboard Bcrazy!! Share what you know.Enjoy the friends you will make here.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 10:50:50 am »
Bcrazy.  Welcome to our forums.  Microscopy, that is interesting, I am sure that you will be telling us more about this fascinating part of the world of the honeybee.  YOu will have more tales to tell.  AND....10 years with the bees is a long time, you WILL have more tales to tell.  You will make new friends here, and we will hear of beekeeping in the UK, now cool.  Have a wonderful, most beautiful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Bill W.

• House Bee
    • Bees by the Sea
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 11:06:48 am »
Welcome Bcrazy!  I am also "keen on microscopy" of bees, so it is good to have company.  Have you done any culturing of bee diseases?