Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: At New York's Kennedy airport today  (Read 5977 times)

Offline BigRog

• House Bee
At New York's Kennedy airport today
« on: August 06, 2004, 01:14:01 pm »
At New York's Kennedy airport today, an individual later discovered to be a public school teacher was arrested trying to board a flight while in possession of a ruler, a protractor, a square, a slide rule,and a calculator.

At a morning press conference, Attorney general John Ashcroft said he believes the man is a member of the notorious Al-gebra movement.

"He is being charged by the FBI with carrying weapons of math instruction. Al-gebra is a fearsome cult," Ashcroft said.
"They desire average solutions by means and extremes, and sometimes go off on tangents in a search of absolute value. They use secret code names like 'x' and 'y' and refer to themselves as 'unknowns', but we have determined they belong to a common denominator of the axis of medieval with coordinates in every country. As the Greek philanderer Isosceles used to say, 'there are 3 sides to every triangle
"Lurch my good man,…what did you mean when you said just now that 'You've got better things to do than run my petty little errands'…….?"

Offline Beth Kirkley

• House Bee
    • http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/GA216.html
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2004, 04:43:49 pm »
LOL That's a good one Roger. :)

Offline BigRog

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2004, 06:06:34 pm »
Al-Gebra has been terrorising me since high school
"Lurch my good man,…what did you mean when you said just now that 'You've got better things to do than run my petty little errands'…….?"

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2004, 11:47:43 pm »
I must confess.

Being a design engineer I've been forced to work with Al-Gebra ever since 7th grade. Unknown to some, is it's close ties to the fanatical Geo-Metry and Trigo-Metry, both splinter groups of an expotential power.

Thank you Roger for allowing me the opportunity to differentiate myself from this cartel by owning up to my life-long collaboration.

Offline buzz

• House Bee
    • My home page... nothing much
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2004, 01:19:35 am »
Quote from: BigRog
Al-Gebra has been terrorising me since high school

And it will be terrorising me in a month or so.  :cry:
Scott
----------
"If you have no money and you have few possessions, if you have a dog you are still rich"
----------
"Forgiveness is easier to get than permission"

Offline Beth Kirkley

• House Bee
    • http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/GA216.html
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2004, 06:17:57 pm »
LOL Buzz, don't feel too bad. My daughter just started 9th grade and is having to start on Algebra too. She's pretty worried. :)

Beth