Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Funniest phone call ever  (Read 1395 times)

Offline Fishing-Nut

• House Bee
Funniest phone call ever
« on: July 07, 2017, 02:31:59 pm »
Ok. So I have my information posted on several sites for bee removals. About 30 minutes ago I get a video text message that looks like a massive swarm of bees. In the video there is a lady's voice describing what she sees. The video is a little blurry but you can obviously see a huge pile of bees moving in to what looks in the video like some sort of pipe, I was thinking chimney and I could hear the very loud buzzing over her voice. I get excited and call her instead of texting back. She answered the phone and immediately says, "hey can you PLEASE get these bees off of my porch !!! I can't even go outside".....I said yes ma'am, it looks like you have a swarm resting at your place, or moving in to that round thing. I then asked her what it was.....she sheepishly replied with "well i know your not supposed to kill honey bees, but these bees have been all over my crape myrtles, and all over my humming bird feeders, so that round thing in the video is a cake pan filled with a thick mixture of sugar water, I made several of them in an attempt to drown the bees." Hahaha. Thank God she was a good sport because I busted out laughing. She said those bees will lick that thing clean in one day. She either has a massive couple of hives close by, or a beekeeper that doesn't know his bees are being fed sugar syrup. She said it's slowly working because after the bees lick it clean there's always 10 or 20 dead ones. Hahaha. She's even taken some stings while refilling her "traps"....I explained to her that the bees will never leave as long as it's out there. So get rid of the food source and give it a couple of days.
Take a kid fishing !

Van, Arkansas, USA

Re: Funniest phone call ever
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 02:40:21 pm »
Killing the honey bees because the bees are buzzing her flowers.  What a nut cake, the lady, not you fish.  Blessings

Offline Fishing-Nut

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 02:50:13 pm »
I thought the same thing Arkansas. But the way she explained it the bees we're really causing her some issues. Even before the grand sugar water plan. She said they were clogging up her humming bird feeders, and bees by the thousands were always in her yard. I've never seen anything like that. But maybe. I keep some bees at my grandparents place and my granny has a gazillion flowers at there place. Including some crape myrtles. And still never see that kind of bee activity.
Take a kid fishing !

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 05:22:29 pm »
It is like a robbing frenzy.  Nothing like a swarm.  Most likely why she is getting stung.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Fishing-Nut

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 05:45:50 pm »
Absolutely. She didn't understand that though, and in the blurry cell phone video it looked like a good swarm. I just thought it was funny that she thought she was getting rid of the bees by feeding them.
Take a kid fishing !

Van, Arkansas, USA

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2017, 05:47:44 pm »
 I'd told her to smear honey, smear honey all over her pourch,,,,smear honey everywhere, that will get rid of those awful honey bees.

Offline Hops Brewster

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2017, 07:55:52 pm »
So how much did you charge her for the professional diagnosis?
 :cool:
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.

Offline Fishing-Nut

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2017, 09:16:45 pm »
She did ask what she owed me. I told her this one was on the house.
Take a kid fishing !

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2017, 09:37:25 pm »
Absolutely. She didn't understand that though, and in the blurry cell phone video it looked like a good swarm. I just thought it was funny that she thought she was getting rid of the bees by feeding them.

Hey, if you don't know you go by intuition.  We all do it and then we learn.  Sometimes these experiences are the best way to learn.  They will be the one's we remember when Alzheimer's sets in.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

anything