Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bee Sting Reactions  (Read 5284 times)

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Bee Sting Reactions
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2017, 02:02:36 pm »
[iIf you want to get rid of that 15 minutes of pain try crushing some plaintain leaves and rubbing the juice on the sting.  It stops the pain almost immediately][/i]

Planatain-Plantago lanceolata and major. Common Names English Plantain, Broad Leaf Plantain

Can also be used for Poison ivy/oak, kidneys, bladder, joint swelling, it's a nutritive and a laxative. Indians called it "White man's footsteps". The early Europeans planted it everywhere. I'm already off thread so I'll hush..,
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline bwallace23350

• Super Bee
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2017, 04:18:32 pm »
Great info GSF glad to know of it. Please post more like that

Offline hrtull

• House Bee
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2017, 01:12:51 pm »
I get stung on a routine basis. Burns and itches for a little while with little to no swelling. Yesterday got stung in the middle of index finger joint on top of hand. My hand and arm or swollen up to my elbow 24 hrs later but slightly improving.  Very curious why this sting did this, why the reaction this time and never before. Anyone else experienced this random reaction.

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2017, 02:41:28 pm »
I get stung on a routine basis. Burns and itches for a little while with little to no swelling. Yesterday got stung in the middle of index finger joint on top of hand. My hand and arm or swollen up to my elbow 24 hrs later but slightly improving.  Very curious why this sting did this, why the reaction this time and never before. Anyone else experienced this random reaction.
The next time you get stung in the same area, note what happens. You will probably see a drastic reduction. Not a doctor but I suspect the glands in this area of your body are still learning.
I have seen the same thing when I started beekeeping. One area reacts and another area doesn't.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Dustymunky

• New Bee
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2018, 09:48:51 pm »
I caught a swarm earlier in the spring. The bees are doing real good. Building up well and making beautiful comb. The bees are notably more testy than my other 7 hives. They bump alot more and sting quicker. They are not aggressive, just grumpier. It seems i get more swelling and longer lasting reactions from the stings this hive gives me. Has anyone ever noted different reactions from different hives? The queen is striped so some kind of mutt.

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2018, 10:27:33 am »
Some bee stings, even from the same hive, will have different reactions. Most of the time it depends on how long you leave the stinger in.
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2018, 11:21:44 pm »
In 15 minutes I can't find my bee stings. That 15 minutes is painful with a small bump and it really does itch but it is less than a reaction I get to okra leaves

If you want to get rid of that 15 minutes of pain try crushing some plaintain leaves and rubbing the juice on the sting.  It stops the pain almost immediately.

Is their a way to preserve this plant to be used later when needed? For an example, if a person is doing a cutout can that person pick some of this and store it in some manner and take it with them when needed? Frozen? Dried and rehydrated perhaps? Maybe some other way? Mr Van? Someone else? Thanks Phillip Hall
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2018, 12:11:19 am »
In 15 minutes I can't find my bee stings. That 15 minutes is painful with a small bump and it really does itch but it is less than a reaction I get to okra leaves

If you want to get rid of that 15 minutes of pain try crushing some plaintain leaves and rubbing the juice on the sting.  It stops the pain almost immediately.

cao will this also help with the swelling?
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Van, Arkansas, USA

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2018, 12:23:57 am »
Ben: this link provides the info you are looking for.
Blessings

https://wellnessmama.com/4638/plantain-herb-profile/

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2018, 09:29:16 am »
Is their a way to preserve this plant to be used later when needed?

If you don't fertilize your lawn it is usually available during the summer.  I would think that any kind of process or preservation would reduce its effectiveness.  Although, maybe better than nothing.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2018, 02:42:46 am »
Ben: this link provides the info you are looking for.
Blessings

https://wellnessmama.com/4638/plantain-herb-profile/

Thanks Van.

anything