ALMOST BEEKEEPING - RELATED TOPICS > FARMING & COUNTRY LIFE

Hatched Chicks

(1/7) > >>

The15thMember:
My sisters hatched new chicks for the first time in a couple of years.  They are crosses of our Golden-laced Wyandotte roosters, and our 5 different breeds of hens, so we are very excited to see what they'll look like when grown up.

CoolBees:
 :grin: "2 thumbs up" on the chicks. I like chickens. Rabbits - not so much.  :grin: :cheesy:

We've got 60 chicks that hatched about 8 weeks ago. Growing like weeds!  :grin: Tell your sister Congrats!

The15thMember:

--- Quote from: CoolBees on May 15, 2020, 03:09:08 pm ---We've got 60 chicks that hatched about 8 weeks ago. Growing like weeds!  :grin: Tell your sister Congrats!

--- End quote ---
They say thanks.  :happy:

--- Quote from: CoolBees on May 15, 2020, 03:09:08 pm --- :grin: "2 thumbs up" on the chicks. I like chickens. Rabbits - not so much.  :grin: :cheesy:

--- End quote ---

WHAT?!  How can you not like cute little bunnies, Alan?!  :shocked:  :cheesy:       

CoolBees:

--- Quote from: The15thMember on May 15, 2020, 05:47:59 pm ---
--- Quote from: CoolBees on May 15, 2020, 03:09:08 pm ---We've got 60 chicks that hatched about 8 weeks ago. Growing like weeds!  :grin: Tell your sister Congrats!

--- End quote ---
They say thanks.  :happy:

--- Quote from: CoolBees on May 15, 2020, 03:09:08 pm --- :grin: "2 thumbs up" on the chicks. I like chickens. Rabbits - not so much.  :grin: :cheesy:

--- End quote ---

WHAT?!  How can you not like cute little bunnies, Alan?!  :shocked:  :cheesy:       

--- End quote ---

Grrrrr!  :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cool:

I 'twas born and raised in a vegan-vegetarian home. Fought rabbits for our food (large gardens) for all my young yrs. .... I still HATE them!  :cool:

My family was anti-hunting/anti-gun. ... I learned to "make a dent" in the rabbit population at a very early age. First with ...

Blow guns & deadfalls, then with snares and box traps, then with steel traps & a rifle. ... my family didn't know.

One night at dinner, at the end of a very productive harvest/canning/freezing season (late fall), my mother offered a prayer over dinner. She thanked the Good Lord for His Blessings, our Harvest, our Food, and lastly for His answering our prayers about the rabbit problem  ... as I sat there (still quite young), with my head bowed, I quietly repeated "Lord, don't strike me dead, Lord don't strike me dead!" ... over and over.  :grin: ... I had "cleared" them rabbits clean out of the county - 100's of them.  :cool:

... I still hate rabbits ... but chickens are cool!  :cheesy:

The15thMember:

--- Quote from: CoolBees on May 15, 2020, 06:57:11 pm ---Grrrrr!  :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cool:

I 'twas born and raised in a vegan-vegetarian home. Fought rabbits for our food (large gardens) for all my young yrs. .... I still HATE them!  :cool:

My family was anti-hunting/anti-gun. ... I learned to "make a dent" in the rabbit population at a very early age. First with ...

Blow guns & deadfalls, then with snares and box traps, then with steel traps & a rifle. ... my family didn't know.

One night at dinner, at the end of a very productive harvest/canning/freezing season (late fall), my mother offered a prayer over dinner. She thanked the Good Lord for His Blessings, our Harvest, our Food, and lastly for His answering our prayers about the rabbit problem  ... as I sat there (still quite young), with my head bowed, I quietly repeated "Lord, don't strike me dead, Lord don't strike me dead!" ... over and over.  :grin: ... I had "cleared" them rabbits clean out of the county - 100's of them.  :cool:

... I still hate rabbits ... but chickens are cool!  :cheesy:

--- End quote ---
Hahahahaha!  Oh my gosh, that is hilarious!!  :cheesy: :cheesy:  From your other posts, you've turned out to be quite a hunter for growing up in a vegan family.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version