BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > RAPID BEEYARD GROWTH

HiveTracks

(1/2) > >>

MikeTheBeekeeper:
I have an account on hivetracks.com. Haven't really got around to enter accurate information of my hives and apiary but I think it will be useful.

I thought at first that it was a cool idea but a waste of time, but now I think it could actually be very useful in the long run, especially if my operation grows the way I plan it to. Knowing my hives' strength, stores, and other information from my desk at home and being able to plan according to that information seems more efficient than having to go through notes on scrap papers or having to use memory to determine what I need to do the next day or make plans of that sort.

What does everyone think? Would you use this application to manage your apiary(ies)?

tefer2:
I find it useful to keep track of queens and few other tasks.
I don't have enough hands to work the hives and write at the same time.
So I bought a cheap voice recorder and just leave in a pocket. Works great!
I enter the data after getting home.
They have a pro version coming out.

drlonzo:
I like the fact that you can print out labels for your hives.  They have the full scan code and all that you can use.  Staple them to the hive and you're done.  Makes keeping track of each one a little simpler.

Packrat3wires:
I agree with using hivetracks.    Sadly I don't enter everything in like I should but it helps me keep track of the important data.

quilaho:
Did any of you go pro?

I signed up for HiveTracks at the beginning of the season, setup my yard and hives, and did the first inspection with it. After that, I don't think I ever went back.

I think the problem is that I'm a geek for a living and bees are part of a set of things I do to get away from technology. However, I'm going to be attempting to ramp up next season so I'm going to need to use something to do a better job of tracking activities. HiveTracks will probably be the answer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version