MEMBER & GUEST INTERACTION SECTION > THE 2ND AMENDMENT

my insperation toget my Arm better.

<< < (2/4) > >>

divemaster1963:
I know. I like the bueaty of wood stocks. but with the limited streagth i have we checked out many and  with the wieght of on;y 7 pounds with the sight and the reduced recoil. it was the best choice. I would like to get back into hnting and needed the power to take game respectfully with one shot. i will use five round mag for hunting. it came with the 30 round so ill just use  it for show and maybe the range.

john

Dallasbeek:

--- Quote from: Michael Bush on December 19, 2016, 03:30:42 pm ---No offence to people who like black plastic... but I don't find them appealing.  This is my new toy:
http://www.bushfarms.com/images/B-78LeftSideSm.jpg

--- End quote ---

That's nice wood in the stock.  Looks like a single shot with a varmint barrel.  Ruger?  Details?

Kathyp:

--- Quote ---No offence to people who like black plastic... but I don't find them appealing.
--- End quote ---

I used to be like that too, but then I got my hands on a couple of nice composites and I really like them.  I especially like it in my .30-06. The balance is good and the weight is really nice.   Gettin' old   :wink:

gww:
I don't know if the composite stock is stronger or not but I droped my remington 742 out of my tree stand this year and it fell over 20 feet and the only thing that happened was the plastic dust cover over the ejection port broke.  I fell off the bottom few steps of a stand a few years ago and my sears modle 30-30 didn't do quite as well as I broke the plastic butt plate and now the stock on it is cracked pretty good.  I am having a heck of a time finding a new butt plate.

As a kid we had an old nylon 66 22 cal and I broke the stock on it but even cracked and lose used that gun for ever.  It was dads and I practiced being hard on his stuff before I got my own to be hard on.

In the end when it come to wether wood is impervious to abuse, I have more trouble with rust and blueing and rust in the chamber it you leave it loaded too long, expecially on the remington simi autos. 

I like the guns that work and that I can afford best.
Cheers
gww

Dallasbeek:
Don't we all!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version