Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Beeswax Luminaries  (Read 2044 times)

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
Beeswax Luminaries
« on: November 26, 2022, 10:24:51 pm »
For our Thanksgiving centerpiece this year I made some beeswax luminaries.  I got the idea from one of my favorite books for bee product projects, Beeswax Alchemy by Petra Ahnert.  To make them I filled some balloons with cold water and dipped them like tapers, setting them on my cold granite countertop between dips to create a flat bottom.  Then I untied or popped the balloons, which let the water out and peeled the balloon off the inside of the wax.  It was super easy and really fun.  I put my homemade tealights in them to light them up. 

I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: Beeswax Luminaries
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2022, 10:53:00 pm »
Nice Reagan.. I like it.... Do you have something similar lined up for Christmas?

Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline cao

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2022, 10:59:51 pm »
Good job.  I like them. :happy:

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2022, 11:35:54 pm »
Nice Reagan.. I like it.... Do you have something similar lined up for Christmas?

Phillip
I usually do full on candles for the Christmas table, but we may incorporate these into other decorations around the house, since they are so pretty and we have them around.
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline Bill Murray

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2022, 10:02:12 am »
Those are really nice thanks for sharing. Nice project for Marley for Christmas.