Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The Giver  (Read 1510 times)

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
The Giver
« on: January 06, 2015, 11:06:21 pm »
Never had read the book. A required reading for a lot of HS students. Post apocalypse society where no one has emotions or feelings or allowed to have pain. A thinking movie with little action. I will give a 7 or a little less not bad. 18 year old daughter enjoyed it.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 01:18:21 am by sc-bee »
John 3:16

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: The Giver
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 12:29:15 pm »
i have done the 1st book but not the movie.  will give the movie a try.  am now on the maze runner series, but saw that movie first.  book is better :-)

these stories for teens are turning out to be pretty good for us old folks too!
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Re: The Giver
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 08:07:37 pm »
On the teen movie front, just saw The Hunger Games: Mocking Jay part 1 - I really haven't enjoyed this film series that much, original was okay, second part drawn out and this third part un-necessary and not much of a worthy cliff hanger.

I think the last teen movie I enjoyed was City of Ember and the 2nd part "The people of Sparks" in book form were both good - read both books BTW. Light reading, some politics but more a need for evolution to a new way to survive because the old deep under ground city's generator was dying.

I like political books, read most all the Foundation series (surely not light kid reading) but interstellar battles for political power which only Isaac Asimov could write.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

anything