ALMOST BEEKEEPING - RELATED TOPICS > GARDENING AROUND THE HOUSE

Manure for the Garden

<< < (5/8) > >>

BeeMaster2:
Sertikk,
Welcome to Beemaster.
Jim Altmiller

Plinsc:
 I have rabbit and duck manure here, I have had good results with it.
 Goes from wheelbarrow to garden directly

Michael Bush:
Whatever you have is best.  :)  I think most any of it is best after it's aged a bit (composted).

Lesgold:
Hi Folks,

These days I tend to use worm castings a lot in the garden. I feed the worms mostly on coffee grounds and horse manure with the odd supplement of wood chips if they are available. If I go away for an extended holiday, I will add cardboard to the farms to keep them going long term. I used to feed vegetable scraps to the worms but that turned out to be more work and the seeds used to sprout all over the garden. I keep the worms in old bath tubs.

The bath tubs are elevated and the worm liquid is caught in a bucket. Each worm farm has internal drainage and a hinged lid. A piece of old carpet covers most of the bed. This keeps the compost dark, moist and cool.

The beds produce a good, nutrient rich compost that the veggies love.

I harvest the compost twice a year.  Worms are also harvested about 3 times a year and sold to a local worm farmer.

salvo:
Hi Folks,

Betcha didn't know this! It's cuzza all those bodies piling up. Replacement for cow poop!

Decomposing HUMAN remains can legally be used as compost from 2027 thanks to new California law aimed at tackling climate change

A California law makes it legal to turn human remains into compost

The process involves placing the body inside a reusable container along with wood chips and aerating it to allow microbes and bacteria to do their thing

The law, signed by Gov. Gavin Newsom this week, takes effect in 2027

?With climate change ... this is an alternative method of final disposition that won?t contribute emissions into our atmosphere,' the bill's author said

Sal

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version