Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: What's flowering: Queensland  (Read 71733 times)

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: What's flowering: Queensland
« Reply #620 on: October 11, 2021, 12:48:31 am »
Thanks, Philip, for your kind and reassuring words.

I'm retired form ( Mechanical and Civil Engineering Design and running our own business for about 40 years)

I have always been interested in bees. Growing up in Switzerland  beekeeping as a hobby was out of reach for a pretty poor family.

A few years after migrating to Australia I was introduced to bees by a near neighbour. That is 46 years ago.

These days bees take up a big part of my time ( other then family, gardening and cattle - and fishing form time to time.)

I live in a rather ideal area for all year  beekeeping ( Google "Crystal Waters, Conondale") - if the weather is too cool or too wet there is plenty to do in the beehouse.

Keep well

max

Thanks you Max....   :happy:
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Offline max2

• Field Bee
« Reply #621 on: October 11, 2021, 07:59:20 pm »
12.October 2021 - the Jaboticabas are out in full glory. last year they flowered on the 6. October.
We had 37mm of rain overnight - about 11/2 inches - the best for a long while.

It is just misty type of rain now and the bees are still working the flowers.

I sold the first nuc for the season - a busy time for a couple of months.
I stop making  splits before Christmas  as the SHB numbers tend to increase around that time.
I hardly saw any SHB a couple of weeks ago but with the rain the beetles also are getting active

Offline Bee North

• House Bee
« Reply #622 on: October 13, 2021, 06:47:32 pm »
Sounds positive Max.
Thanks for keeping us up to date and keeping this (your) thread alive!
Cheers
Adam.