ALMOST BEEKEEPING - RELATED TOPICS > GARDENING AROUND THE HOUSE

Banana Flower Honey

(1/2) > >>

photokid:
Here in sunny south Florida, I started beekeeping in February for the first time. Everything is moving along beautifully. I take pictures to help monitor the progress. My hive is located next to 5 acres of banana plants. The banana flowers are full of bees, and the hive super is filling with capped honey. Any idea how good this honey is? And do I really need to be certified and have to send my honey to be bottled in order to even give the honey away?

Robo:

--- Quote from: photokid --- My hive is located next to 5 acres of banana plants. The banana flowers are full of bees, and the hive super is filling with capped honey. Any idea how good this honey is?
--- End quote ---

Tastes like chicken..... :wink:  I have no idea, but it sounds interesting and would be willing to compare it to others if you send me a sample :P

--- Quote from: photokid ---
 And do I really need to be certified and have to send my honey to be bottled in order to even give the honey away?
--- End quote ---

No,  I have never heard of such a requirement.  You can surely bottle your own to give away.  Not sure what Florida laws are, but most states just require labeling with your name, address, and weight.

Horns Pure Honey:
Banana honey sounds good.

photokid:
I'll let you know if it's any good. In the meanwhile, what do you have in exchange?  :)

BigRog:
Why would they want your wieght on the label?
Isn't that a bit personal?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version