Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: JP & Bailey Go Crabbing  (Read 5665 times)

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
JP & Bailey Go Crabbing
« on: November 04, 2012, 01:21:45 am »
This past Monday Bailey and I went crabbing. We had a very good trip.

I made a video of the event filmed with my new Go Pro Hero 3 camera. Its very high definition. See if you can watch it in 1080 mode for best quality. I tried to view it with my older computer and it just couldn't process the video in 1080 mode. If that's the case with your computer select a lesser mode and it should work fine.

The amount of information these little cameras are capable of recording are pretty dang incredible. When I first began making movies with my Cannon FS 300 I didn't even realize it could film in HD. Now with the technology available my late 2009 iMac with 4 Gigs of ram can barely keep up. Taking forever to upload these movies now in 1080 mode. Just ordered 8 more gigs of ram to bring my computer to 12 gigs.

A little while back I had to purchase an external hard drive as I filled up all the space on my computer. I purchased a 2 TB device and was told that I would eventually need to either replace it or create a library of  DVDs and clear some space.

Been using imovie to make my videos but down the road will be purchasing Apple's Final Cut Pro, which apparently is one heck of an editing program.

Where is this heading & where will it end?

I have no idea but I sure am having fun putting these videos together albeit they do require a good bit of time to make.

...JP

JP And Bailey Go Crabbing
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
Re: JP & Bailey Go Crabbing
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 10:39:02 am »
JP, that looked like a whole bunch of fun. Made me hungry at the end.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 02:36:06 pm »
Great video.   Just how long did y'all let your traps soak?

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 02:48:58 pm »
How many nets can y'all run up there? We're only allowed 10 (recreational) here and they have to be "monitored" at all times.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 07:36:39 pm »
dang and here i had to go catch specks then. see why youall didnt call.
to bee or not to bee

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 11:40:45 pm »
We were running 25 nets placed about 40 yards apart. We set them all out and turn right back around and start picking them up and dropping them back down, repeat and so on and so on. If the catch is slow we let them set a few extra minutes but the catch is usually pretty good, enough so that we just keep repeating the cycle.

A license is not required to take crabs using crab nets for recreational purposes unless crabbing in a wildlife management area. I don't believe there is a limit of how many nets one can use. The limit of crabs one can take per day is 12 dozen per person with no size restrictions.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 11:57:14 am »
12 dozen, wow! Can you freeze those for eaten later?

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 10:12:31 am »
I've never known anyone to freeze a pile of boiled crabs before. If they're going into gumbo that's okay. Most people will remove the meat and freeze it for all sorts of dishes such as stuffed fish, crab au gratin, etc...

...JP

anything