Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Make guns illegal  (Read 16728 times)

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Make guns illegal
« on: June 18, 2015, 04:56:26 pm »
Seen on a poster: "If we make guns illegal, then nobody will get shot anymore.  That's how we stopped everybody from doing drugs."
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Eric Bosworth

• Field Bee
  • I love New York... I hate the government.
Re: Make guns illegal
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 09:43:44 pm »
I like it! Our drug policy has been such a great success!
All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns; that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party. ---Mao Tse Tung

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. ---Benjamin Franklin

Offline mikecva

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 12:26:26 pm »
Or we could tax the people who shoot someone. Taxing something always works also.
Listen to others but make your own decisions. That way you own the results.
Please remember to read labels.

Offline qa33010

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 04:08:57 pm »
UH HAUH!
Everyone said it couldn't be done. But he with a chuckle replied, "I won't be one to say it is so, until I give it a try."  So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin.  If he had a worry he hid it and he started to sing as he tackled that thing that couldn't be done, and he did it.  (unknown)

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 09:26:34 am »
There you go.  If you shoot someone we will tax you on that plus double your income tax...  That might actually make a dent...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
-------------------

Offline Hi-Tech

• Field Bee
    • talkhunting.com
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 03:52:51 pm »
I took a sociology class in college, big mistake, and the professor made a statement.. If we outlaw guns, there will be no more murder..
She claimed to be a Christian (though a very liberal one) so I asked her what kind of gun did Cain use to kill Able? Was it an AR-15, AK-47 or a hand gun?

I was just curious...  I made a D in that class...
Computer Tech, Beekeeper, Hunter = Hi-Tech Redneck
talkhunting.com

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2015, 06:30:59 pm »
It's a good thing guns weren't around when Ghenkis Kahn conquered the world.  He might have killed someone...
-------------------

Offline Still Learning The Trade

• New Bee
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2015, 02:13:39 pm »
In IA this is how people work. I quote "People are using fireworks anyway, lets make then legal". I'm not against fireworks, but if this is how our "authorities" think we need to rise.

Offline Hi-Tech

• Field Bee
    • talkhunting.com
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2015, 12:19:38 pm »
You mean creating laws to make guns illegal wont work? Look how well it worked for:
> Cocaine
> Heroin
> Speeding
> Murder
> Theft
> Assault
> Illegal Immigration

Every law on the books is broken on a daily basis by people who break laws. Creating laws to prevent use of a thing is pointless.
If guns kill people then:
> cars cause accidents
> forks cause obesity
> Alcohol causes drunk driving
> water causes drowning

What we need are laws to ban crazy and stupid people. but that wont happen because if it did, a democrat could never be elected...
Computer Tech, Beekeeper, Hunter = Hi-Tech Redneck
talkhunting.com

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2015, 06:16:20 pm »
Don't forget that matches and lighters cause arson...
-------------------

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2015, 11:34:35 pm »
Of course it will work. It did down under.

Australian Gun Law Update

Here's a thought to warm some of your hearts....

Hi Yanks,  I thought you all would like to see the real figures from Down Under.

It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by a new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by our own government, a program costing Australia taxpayers
more than $500 million dollars.

The first year results are now in:

Australia-wide, homicides are up 6.2 percent,
Australia-wide, assaults are up 9.6 percent;
Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)!

In the state of Victoria .....alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent.(Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not and criminals still possess their guns!).

While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since the criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.  There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the elderly, while the resident is at home.

Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort and expense was expended in 'successfully ridding Australian society of guns....' You won't see this on the American evening news or hear your governor or members of the State Assembly disseminating this information.

The Australian experience speaks for itself.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2015, 11:49:06 pm »
Iddee, that's a perfect advertising campaign for Lowes and Home Depot: "Augers and  PVC pipes to bury your arsenal in the backyard. Instructions for thwarting metal detectors included."

"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2015, 12:03:09 am »
BTW, does anybody recall zip guns made in the 1950s from car radio antennas, a block of wood and a rubber band?  Shot .22LR ammo and did a lot of harm.  Just a little more sophistication and you've got someting that will shoot .30 cal. ammo. 

Once the genie is out of the bottle....
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline OldMech

• Queen Bee
    • The Outyard
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2015, 12:33:58 am »

i have made the point many times, that a LAW only effects those who are law abiding.
   A lock on a door is only to keep an honest person honest.

Confiscate the guns of the law abiding people, and you create a market for illegal firearms.. Wait, we already have that...  so I guess it will just mean it makes the illegal ones worth more.
   Confiscate my guns, and the next day i will be armed. I spent several years working as a gunsmith, and the things i saw were startling. I will not be unarmed. i will not use my guns to harm honest people, but I WILL use them in the defense of my life, my family and my home.
  if it means I go to jail for the rest of my natural life.. then so be it. I will at least be capable of protecting my wife, my family or my home one time.
   Rest assured, my wife will then also have the ability to protect herself, our family or our home ONE time after they take me away.

I have to ask, especially of those of you who are older..  Does it not terrify you to think of a couple young bucks breaking into your home?
   At one time, I knew I was capable of taking care of myself without being armed. As I get older, i also realize that standing toe to toe with someone that wants to harm, or take what I have is no longer possible.
    It has been said, that god created man, but that Sam Colt made them equal.
   An 80 year old lady with the knowledge and skill and will to wield a firearm IS the equal of a twenty year old hooligan with the intent to harm.

My mother in law lost her husband about six years ago. She is nearing 80 years old. She now lives alone in a BIG house at the end of a dead end street. The crime rate in that area has skyrocketed in the last twenty years. She has a lot of valuable things that she and my wifes father collected through their lifetime in that house. Her ownership of firearms, ALLOWS her to keep on living there, where she wishes to be. I would NOT wish to see her disarmed. It would mean she could no longer live alone in that location. It would break her heart to be forced to leave the house her husband built for her.
39 Hives and growing.  Havent found the end of the comfort zone yet.

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2015, 12:58:26 pm »
Good point Oldmech. Did you here hilliary's statement that she wants more gun control. Now they are changing the law to make it easy to sue the gun manufactures for gun crimes. If they cannot take the guns, they will stop the manufacture of them.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline mikecva

• Field Bee
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2015, 01:28:30 pm »
then the guns as well as our cars will be made overseas.
Listen to others but make your own decisions. That way you own the results.
Please remember to read labels.

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2015, 01:56:15 pm »
Wait!
Aren't the gun manufactures too big to let fail.  :angry:
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline OldMech

• Queen Bee
    • The Outyard
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2015, 01:08:53 am »

According to my nics officer about fifteen years ago, they had, at that time, so MANY laws on the books that even they could not keep track of them all. if they WANT to find something wrong in a gunshop, they WILL, because they have so MANY conflicting laws...  that opened my eyes quite a bit....   Then my licensed gunshop was broken into... and I was treated like a criminal... to the point that it took everything I had NOT to go to jail...   That was the end for me. I sent my books in and sold the vast majority of my equipment. Yes, I folded.
   Its not a matter of if they take guns away, its a matter of WHEN. The ignorance of the folks who want them removed cannot be swayed by fact, statistics, or even MONEY. They carry a belief that the guns are the cause of all our problems. Once they are gone, they will be dumbfounded, and stand around scratching their heads wondering WHY the crime rates are going UP instead of down. But by then, it will be too late.
   take an already corrupt government, and give them ultimate power over an unarmed populace... there will be NO going back.
   There are times that i am glad i am as old as i am. I HOPE I do not live to see the things my grandfathers, father, uncles, cousins, myself, and my son have fought for stripped away. So many thousands of lives lost to protect our RIGHTs, only to have ignorance do what Hitler and so many others failed to do.
   A friend told me he was thinking of voting for Billary...  i told him he may as well put a gun to my head and pull the trigger. Its the same ending.
39 Hives and growing.  Havent found the end of the comfort zone yet.

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2015, 10:17:19 am »
There you go.  If you shoot someone we will tax you on that plus double your income tax...  That might actually make a dent...

I guess we need to not report a shooting on our tax forms. The tax evasion would probably be more of a crime than the shooting you didn't report on that special form.

Offline jalentour

• Field Bee
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2015, 10:21:59 pm »
On a more positive vein.
Friends visit my farm and always comment about the amount of shooting in the area.  The valleys and hollows echo all weekend long of shooters practicing, training, teaching, learning and generally having fun.  It's fun to try and guess the rounds being shot.  There are a lot of gun owners in my neck of the woods.
If the time to disarm is thrust upon us, I would hate to be the local cops that go ask farmer Jones for his gun(s).  I just don't see it happening in our lifetime.  That would be a very dangerous job.
But, yeah.  Find a good way to hide them.