Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Unbroken  (Read 2132 times)

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
Unbroken
« on: February 09, 2015, 01:45:45 pm »
My Rating 7.5 - Based on a true story about Olympian and POW Louis Zamperini. At one time Zamperini was in a war camp with "Pappy" Boyington of Black Sheep Squadron fame. A little slow in places early on but stay with it. It gets interesting after his capture and the games (being facetious) begin between Lt. Zamperini and Mutsuhiro "Bird" Watanabe. The breaker Watanabe against Zamperini who refuses to be broken. In 1945 Watanabe was listed as number 23 of 40 on the most wanted war criminals in Japan.
A story that shows the price that those before us have paid for our freedoms. It is a shame the price has been astronomical for so many and the American public as a whole (IMHO) treat the Freedoms enjoyed like a God given right.......
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 11:59:18 pm by sc-bee »
John 3:16

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
Re: Unbroken
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 01:58:34 pm »

A story that shows the price that those before us have paid for our freedoms. It is a shame the price has been astronomical for so many and the American public as a whole (IMHO) treat the Freedoms enjoyed like a God given right.......

Agreed, but even more shameful is the fact many today are willing to give up those freedoms.  Before Obama's election, I was talking with someone who said it would be good because we'd be a little more like Denmark.  I don't know about you, but I don't even LIKE Denmark, much less want to be like it. 
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

anything