Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: When Cats talk and other wierd stuff  (Read 77394 times)

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
Re: When Cats talk and other wierd stuff
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2008, 12:11:18 am »
Brian, so good to hear the dog and children love each other, yeah!!!  That made my day.  On that other note, I would love to try some rabbit.  Do you remember me telling you that we raised rabbits, oh so many years ago, in my former life with another man.  I cooked the rabbit, but I always found it rather tough.  I think it was just because I was so young and hadn' 't yet honed my cooking skills.  I bet rabbit, cooked properly, would be wonderful.  Beautiful day in this great life.  Cindi

Old rabbit can be tough but I butcher them as fryers, like chickens.  They get the knife at about 12-16 weeks.  Not too large ,about 2 lbs dressed, and still tender.  I cut the legs (front and back) and the lower back for frying and use the back and rib cage for stewing or making broth.  Cook the meat off the bones, there's so little of it on those parts.  Do the same thing with the chickens.  Make broth, noodles, or dumpling using the backs.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2008, 11:03:58 am »
Brian, oh yummmmmeeeeee!!!  Speaking of dumplings.  I love dumplings.  Now and then in the winter stew (with turnips added, thanks to your suggestion that brought thoughts back of them from the cobwebs of my mind, so I began to add them again), I make dumplings.  Oh, there is nothing more wonderful than that hot winter stew, of whatever you might want to stew, with DUMPLINGS!!!  Oh eeks!!!  Here I go again, only 7:00 AM and I am droooling over the wintertime goodies, of mashed potatoes, gravy, meat, stews, dumplings, yes, and we can't forget baking powder biscuits.  That is one of my all time favourites too, baking powder biscuits, smothered in real butter....oh no....I better stop these thoughts and go and let the critters out of the barn....they be callin' me.  Have the most wonderful day, beautiful life, what more can I say....Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2008, 11:31:15 am »
MMMM, dumplings & biscuts..YES real butter & HONEY!!!! Raspberry jam is good on dumplings that you cook w/chix! (really, it is!!)  Isn't it funny how we want things not in "season"??   All winter I want fresh BBQ veggies...(asparagus..)salads, fruits...Jody
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2008, 08:37:33 pm »
MMMM, dumplings & biscuts..YES real butter & HONEY!!!! Raspberry jam is good on dumplings that you cook w/chix! (really, it is!!)  Isn't it funny how we want things not in "season"??   All winter I want fresh BBQ veggies...(asparagus..)salads, fruits...Jody

BBQ veggies???

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2008, 10:06:18 pm »
When I had my BBQ,I used to smear a sauce onto the veggies and grill them on the BBQ. Sometimes I would just use olive oil, balsamic vinegar some soy sauce and herbs and spice to taste. Use a brush and keep smearing them until they are done.

BBQ veggies are the best way to eat veggies. I especially love the eggplants, mushroom and peppers.

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2008, 10:58:06 pm »

BBQ veggies???

...JP

Yeah, I know, it's anti-cajun.  BBQ veggies are good, try some with your favorite cajun style BBQ suace.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2008, 11:24:20 pm »
Yes JP, BBQ Veggies!  I do the same as Annette but am lazy so I put em in a gallon baggie or big Tupperware deal, pour a little olive oil, balsamic, fresh ground pepper & sea salt,garlic & whatever herbs I can scrounge up then shake.  You can prepare ahead & fridge if you need to. Zucchini, Peppers, Onion, asparagus, green beans, mushrooms, boc choy,broccoli, summer squash, patty pan squash, Japanese turnips,carrots,:-P, even yams.  Corn is the only thing I don't put the balsamic on, its good plain!  Annette, never tried eggplant but love it baked so it would be wonderful..have to try it soon! I have a metal dealie w/holes all over that I shake em into, (so they don't fall into the BBQ, YUM YUM C-Mon JP, be daring!  Like Brian said, put Cajun sauce on!  I do put red pepper flakes on sometimes. :evil: .Jody
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2008, 06:02:11 pm »
Yes JP, BBQ Veggies!  I do the same as Annette but am lazy so I put em in a gallon baggie or big Tupperware deal, pour a little olive oil, balsamic, fresh ground pepper & sea salt,garlic & whatever herbs I can scrounge up then shake.  You can prepare ahead & fridge if you need to. Zucchini, Peppers, Onion, asparagus, green beans, mushrooms, boc choy,broccoli, summer squash, patty pan squash, Japanese turnips,carrots,:-P, even yams.  Corn is the only thing I don't put the balsamic on, its good plain!  Annette, never tried eggplant but love it baked so it would be wonderful..have to try it soon! I have a metal dealie w/holes all over that I shake em into, (so they don't fall into the BBQ, YUM YUM C-Mon JP, be daring!  Like Brian said, put Cajun sauce on!  I do put red pepper flakes on sometimes. :evil: .Jody

Not to hijack this post I'm gonna respond in the eating healthier post, see y'all there, if you dare! ;)

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2008, 11:39:05 pm »
this time it was the air compressor, put it all out, put it all out, over and over while until the tank was filled (about 3 minutes).  I was making a cabinet for the goat pen for storing all those little things that always go with animals, worm medicine, hoof trimmers, emasculators, salve, etc, and was using the brad nailer to put it together.  I really think the "Put it all out" was that the machine was blowing hot air because of the temps.

While I was working on the cabinet (I got the front from an old kitchen cabinet via dumpster diving) and Patches (the Billy) got to chewing on the self-locking latch between the pen and the hay storage.  Next thing I know he's chowing down on the bales big time, I almost tripped over him when I turned around to get the cordless drill.  I coaxed him back into the stall using a can of grain.  The locked the gate, being sure to remove the cord that allowed me to open from the opposite side from the latch.  He likes to bother me whenever I work in or near the goat pasture so this time he was chewing on the latch when he just happened to hook the cord just right and popped the latch open.  As soon as he had eaten his grain he was back at trying to re open the gate and got a little annoyed because he couldn't do it. 

Took us a week to train the Beagle to leave the mat inside his dog house. 

Ain't it wierd how when an animal discovers something for itself it remembers it and does it over and over but when you try to train them they become the worlds biggest idiot?

Between the Put it all out of the air compressor and the Jack Daniels of the jig saw my tools are still talking to me. 

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2008, 10:40:40 am »
Brian, well, personally, I think that is ding dang cool that your tools are now speaking.  How interesting is that?  I have tried to listen for any kind of jargon coming from things around my place, but I'm afraid my imagination just doesn't stretch that far.  Too bad for me.

Animals are pretty smart when they want to be, and yep, yep, they can figure escape methods in no time at all.  Strange how life goes.  Beautiful, most wonderful day, livin' and lovin' our beautiful earth.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #70 on: August 05, 2008, 12:22:55 am »
I hope I'm wrong but this is what I think the birds and bees are telling me:

The birds:  The pigeons are having troubles getting oriented and returning home.  Other birds are showing unusual flightiness and long periods of flying in circles without landing.
The inference is that something is happening to distrupt the magnetic fields in this part of the world.  Translated that means large land or water movements or both.  The Tsunami in Indonesia a few years ago involved both land and sea movements.  Mount St. Helens created a large land movement.  The infamous San Francisco quake was a large earth movement.  Hence the birds seem to be predicting either a major earthquake, volcanic eruption, or Tsunami.  Since a major earthquake under water is the usual cause of a Tsunami.....     

Sometime in the next 60 days in the area between Anchorage, Alaska and San Francisco, California. 

After a very difficult spring the bees are back filling brood nests fairly early in the year and keeping the brood nest relatively small in comparison to normal (2 or 3 frames) in a multiple box hive.
Look for a Early Hard Cold Winter here in the PNW with possible record snow fall and extended periods below freezing (more than 7 consecutive days).  Winds and Wet are still up in the air, but more snow in the mountains usually means more water in the valleys.

On another note: I have found out that drinking carbonated soft drinks seems to agrivate my Fibromyalgia.  Along that same vain, the more I hurt the less likely it is that the animals or tools will talk to me on any given day.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #71 on: August 05, 2008, 12:37:15 am »
It is hard to hear others speak when we are in pain. I understand Brian

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #72 on: August 05, 2008, 02:48:29 pm »
Brian, the noting of how the birds are acting is extremely interesting, seriously....I am keeping in the back of my mind your words, I am listening, I will be watching to see if I observe any difference in bird behaviour, although I am not into the birds that you have and watch, very obviously, very closely.  I do believe that "critters" can be more tuned into what is going on in our world, they are exceptional.

So....stop drinking carbonated softdrinks  ;) :).  Stick to water and juices, your pain will be lessened, pain is an awful thing.  Have a most beautiful and wonderful day, Cindi

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2008, 01:32:19 am »
Conversation with another country grown friend today confirmed my interpetation of what the birds and bees are telling me.  She brought the subject up about how early the migratory birds are leaving, how thick the hair on the dog is this year, etc.   

It used to be a fairly common subject when I was a kid.  Most farmer's put a lot of stock (pun) in forcasting weather and seasonal expectations by such things as when the leaves began to yellow, length or thickness of animal coats, who early the bird flocks developed, when the frogs quick croaking etc.

I'm still waiting for the large earth movement the pigeons and other birds are predicting.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2008, 12:35:31 pm »
Brian, it is wonderful to hear the observations of humankind.  Our horse has not yet to furry up, but I expect that will come soon.  Haven't seen barely any yellowjackets this year at all, period.  First ever I can remember.  No other signs of hard winter I have seen, yet.....beautiful, most wonderful day, love life.  Cindi

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2008, 01:34:21 am »
Wednesday they had a 5.8 earthquake off the coast of Vancouver Island, the birds (pigeons, chickens, wild birds) behavior has changed since then so maybe that was the pending earth movement.

Friday came out of the house to box up the pigeons for the race, I had just finished feeding the chickens and collecting the eggs.  I here one of the hen turkeys saying, "careful, careful," over and over....I go look.  It is standing in front of the chicken house starring down at it's feet.  Between her feet was a freshly laid chicken egg that hadn't been there 5 minutes earlier.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2008, 02:47:00 pm »
Brian, cool, cool, cool, eh?  Those birds can impart their feelings, and that she did, yeah!!! yeah!!! yeah!!!  Beautiful day in this great life.  Cindi

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #77 on: September 15, 2008, 07:33:29 am »
First one turkey is on the chicken house roof, then 2.  Now all the Australorp hens have joined them but since there's not enough room on top of the chicken house for all of them they've moved over to the shed roof.  Chickens and turkeys on a hot tin roof.
The turkeys on the roof were cool, looked like vultures appraising dinner, but the size of them keeps the preditors away.

These things never cease to amaze me.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2008, 10:37:01 am »
Brian, oh, as soon as I see this topic come up in unread messages, I go to it instantly.  I know that you are going to have a treat for my ears, and yes you have.  I picture all these barnyard critters all trying to fit on top of that little roof, ha, ha, now that is a hoot and a hollar!!!!  I see my critters doing some things like that too, and it makes me laugh, how do they think they can all fit on one little place, all at one little time.  Oh those critters, never a dull moment, EVER, within the chickenyard.  Any more turkeys saying "careful, careful" these days?  That was one smart turkey knowing to warn about that egg that she wanted to so carefully protect, aren't they just the smartest things, hee, hee.  Keep those stories coming, I wait with baited breath!!!  Have that most wonderful and beautiful day that the imagination can stir....Cindi

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2008, 11:46:11 pm »
Found a egg the size of cherry in the nest with about 6 others, and that's no yoke.  I mean, the egg doesn't have a yoke. 

Pefectly shaped egg, looked more like an almond than a egg.

anything