Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bee guy in newspaper  (Read 2608 times)

Offline malabarchillin

• House Bee
Bee guy in newspaper
« on: November 14, 2007, 12:43:17 pm »
Hum,
I wonder if his hives are placed there because of kids/people harrassing his bees ?

http://www.floridatoday.com/blogs/brevardwatchlist/index.html

I would like to see what the actaul code violation says. If it's the bees or
the placement of the bees that is the problem.
At 85 yrs old I think it is great he has a hobby instead of watching Tv waiting to die.

Offline Moonshae

• Field Bee
Re: Bee guy in newspaper
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 01:04:53 pm »
I live how the neighbors say their kids were "swarmed" several times...and what the kids may have been doing to cause such a response, incorrect terminology notwithstanding.

Ignorance and fear...the backyard beekeeper's worst enemy.
"The mouth of a perfectly contented man is filled with beer." - Egyptian Proverb, 2200 BC

Offline bberry

• House Bee
  • Playing with wool is good for your soul
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 01:07:28 pm »
Must make for interesting inspections-never thought 'falling off roof' would be on the list

Offline Old Timer

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 09:10:19 pm »
>At 85 yrs old I think it is great he has a hobby instead of watching Tv waiting to die.

You need to change your views about your elders young man.:-x  I don't think anyone waits to die because none of wants to. Those of us that do sit and watch tv most of the time do it because we earned that right by building this country and giving up years of our lives defending this country for you. Some of us has worn our bodies doing this for you, for our families, and for your family. If you're lucky enough to ever get to grow as old as I am you would not appreciate hearing a comment like the one you just made. I could make some generallizations about 29 year olds but I know that not all of them have distorted views of senior citizens or make rude comments about them like you. 

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 09:25:12 pm »
I bet you he isn't yelling at kids to get off his lawn.  :-D

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 09:07:31 am »
>At 85 yrs old I think it is great he has a hobby instead of watching Tv waiting to die.

And they tend to go off on tangents  :-P  (Said with utmost respect!!!)  :-D

(looking forward to my uninterrupted tv-watching years...too busy now with 5 kids)
Rick

anything