Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Mind Bending Science and Spirituality  (Read 6579 times)

manowar422

Mind Bending Science and Spirituality
« on: May 08, 2005, 07:57:58 pm »
How many of you "Dark Siders" have seen the movie
What The Beep Do We Know? (2004 20th Century Fox)

My sister sent me a copy for my birthday.

It was... Interesting :?

Offline Miss Chick-a-BEE

• House Bee
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 10:16:22 pm »
Never heard of it. (And I'm guessing you mean some sort of cuss word for the beep... right?) Still never heard of it.

Beth

manowar422

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2005, 10:30:51 pm »
No cuss word Beth

That is the actual title of the movie.

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2005, 05:59:44 pm »
Never heard of it and I know my movies, bye :D
Ryan Horn

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2005, 07:01:49 pm »
There you see? No one knows beep about it.
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline Lesli

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2005, 08:56:04 pm »
Funny you should bring it up--my chiropractor just recommended it! I haven't seen it, but I will.
Lesli

Offline ayyon2157

• House Bee
"What the beep do we know"
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2005, 02:34:30 am »
I haven't seen it, but it has been mentioned on some of the other lists I have been  on.  I don't plan to bother to see it, as folks who I respect question it's accuracy.  Right now, I am pretty narrow minded, and I tend to think that everyone whose mentaphysical thinking is different from my own is either wrong or misinformed.  Sort of like in "Please don't confuse me with facts, my mind is made up"

Any "seth" or "abe" followers on this list?  any wiccans?  I really have no classification for my beliefs, and have taken what I consider "truths" from many places.

Funny thing about "supernatural powers", once you get advanced enough to have them, you generally won't use them, and there seems to be some sort of rule to prevent you from demonstrating them.

I look forward to communication with some of you on this net.

ayyon2157
William H. Michaels

Offline BigRog

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2005, 01:11:00 pm »
WHAT THE BLEEP DO WE KNOW?! is a new type of film. It is part documentary, part story, and part elaborate and inspiring visual effects and animations. The protagonist, Amanda, played by Marlee Matlin, finds herself in a fantastic Alice in Wonderland experience when her daily, uninspired life literally begins to unravel, revealing the uncertain world of the quantum field hidden behind what we consider to be our normal, waking reality.

She is literally plunged into a swirl of chaotic occurrences, while the characters she encounters on this odyssey reveal the deeper, hidden knowledge she doesn’t even realize she has asked for. Like every hero, Amanda is thrown into crisis, questioning the fundamental premises of her life – that the reality she has believed in about how men are, how relationships with others should be, and how her emotions are affecting her work isn’t reality at all!

As Amanda learns to relax into the experience, she conquers her fears, gains wisdom, and wins the keys to the great secrets of the ages, all in the most entertaining way. She is then no longer the victim of circumstances, but she is on the way to being the creative force in her life. Her life will never be the same.

The fourteen top scientists and mystics interviewed in documentary style serve as a modern day Greek Chorus. In an artful filmic dance, their ideas are woven together as a tapestry of truth. The thoughts and words of one member of the chorus blend into those of the next, adding further emphasis to the film’s underlying concept of the interconnectedness of all things.

The chorus members act as hosts who live outside of the story, and from this Olympian view, comment on the actions of the characters below. They are also there to introduce the Great Questions framed by both science and religion, which divides the film into a series of acts. Through the course of the film, the distinction between science and religion becomes increasingly blurred, since we realize that, in essence, both science and religion describe the same phenomena.

The film employs animation to realize the radical knowledge that modern science has unearthed in recent years. Powerful cinematic sequences explore the inner-workings of the human brain. Quirky animation introduces us to the smallest form of consciousness in the body – the cell. Dazzling visuals reinforce the film’s message in an exciting, powerful way. Done with humor, precision, and irreverence, these scenes are only part of what makes this film unique in the history of cinema, and a true box-office winner.

http://www.whatthebleep.com/synopsis/
"Lurch my good man,…what did you mean when you said just now that 'You've got better things to do than run my petty little errands'…….?"

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2005, 05:42:56 pm »
I just watched it.  I hate to say there was nothing terribly surprising other than they had the nerve to say it.  :)  And that was refreshing.

I first heard the basic concepts from an interview with John Niehardt.  It threw me for a loop back then.  :)
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

anything