Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Miserable weather  (Read 2866 times)

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
Miserable weather
« on: August 22, 2008, 06:16:32 pm »
Well the Florida weather has been miserable. Worse for some than others. It has been hampering my getting stuff done with my hives and cut outs. I lost a couple of Plantain trees. They will grow back so I am not to worried. But as bad as it is it is not shoveling snow out of the front of the house.  :lol:

My bees have been running lots of orientation flights or just huddling together in the hive.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
Re: Miserable weather
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 06:37:47 pm »
This morning it was a light rain and bees at the house were bringing in white and lite yellow pollen. I thought it would be good to go and get some syrup but guess what...... Dadant was closed. It was not that bad but i guess they decided to err on the side of caution. Nice napping weather.  Total rain from this system at my farm as of 3pm today is 5 inches.

Offline tlynn

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 08:09:46 pm »
Wind, clouds, no rain to speak of...days and days...ugh...how do you guys in the Pacific NW do it?

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 08:40:00 pm »
Faye has been teasing us with the promise of rain. We need a couple of hurricanes or tropical storms to help get us out of this drought and refill our reservoirs.

Steve   
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline malabarchillin

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 09:12:03 pm »
You may have most of the 12.2" of rain that Fay left for me.

Offline hankdog1

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 11:46:00 pm »
i'll take some of that rain we aren't hurting bad right now but we need a good rain in the next few days.  got trees up here already starting to turn.
Take me to the land of milk and honey!!!

Offline mlewis48

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2008, 01:25:58 am »
 All of you guys in Florida, send any or all of the rain up to Ohio! We have not had a good rain in weeks. All of the flowers, crops, yards and everything that will produce me and my bees some honey is not here. If we don't get something soon, say good-bye to a good harvest. I do feel for you guys that are getting 20" of rain. Good luck to you guys and I hope that it all gets better soon.
                                             Marc
" Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are gonna get"

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2008, 01:56:44 am »
Oregon and Washington State's Universities mascots are the Ducks and Huskies in that order.  That means Wet and Cold.  Up in the PNW we have webbed feet and hairy bodies.  Every time a PNW native goes to Ohio, the Carolinas, etc, they get mistook for a "Sasquatch" or "Hairy Man."   

The main difference is that a True Sasquatch or Hairy Man smells a tad bit stronger when you're down wind.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline rast

• Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2008, 08:56:13 am »
 Sorry mlewis48, I need all of my rain. It is a shame though that it dumped so much on the coast and in the ocean.
Fools argue; wise men discuss.
    --Paramahansa Yogananda

Offline eri

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2008, 09:35:14 am »
The main difference is that a True Sasquatch or Hairy Man smells a tad bit stronger when you're down wind.

Probably couldn't tell the difference after a PNW native has been out in the heat in Ohio or Carolina for a while working the hives in a bee suit  :-P
On Pleasure
Kahlil Gibran
And to both, bee and flower, the giving and the receiving of pleasure is a need and an ecstasy.
People of Orphalese, be in your pleasures like the flowers and the bees.

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2008, 10:12:38 am »
Well, Fay is delivering today! We are getting a steady soaking rain. It is suppose to last all weekend. Most of our reservoirs are in the northern part of our state and I don't think they will get much. We are thankful for what we are receiving!

Steve
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline Grant11

• New Bee
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2008, 11:24:15 am »
We finaly got some cool weather . cloudy and showers  for three four days now the weekend looks like might be sunny than monday back to cloudy and shower s Sounds good to me ..