Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Chicken/bees made me laugh  (Read 2168 times)

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
Chicken/bees made me laugh
« on: March 08, 2017, 08:41:45 am »
I'm getting some hives ready to sell, going through them to clean up, check stores and queen, ect. I scrapped a couple handfuls of drone brood off the bottom of some frames and threw it on the ground with the mind to pick it up when I was through. When I was through I saw the chickens close by looking at me so I called them over there. They would only get so close - the bees were still buzzing. I picked up some larva and threw it back on the ground to entice them over, and it worked with a couple. A few minutes later I heard one of them make a noise which made me look. I'm looking towards the sun and seeing one of my black chickens running through the apiary. She's darting/turning her head left and right. With the sun at the angle it was I could see bees circling around her head as she ran off. too funny!
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Chicken/bees made me laugh
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 12:57:49 pm »
 :cheesy:
That is the first time that I have heard that the bees react to chickens. At least chickens know to run away. Horses don't and most of the time my cows don't.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Chicken/bees made me laugh
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 09:53:12 pm »
The bees were really ticked about me opening up the box before the flow and they sho nuff was ticked when I started scraping drone brood off the bottom. The chicken was black and pecking on top of it all. I still laugh when I think of the sunlight reflecting off the bees circling and following that chicken.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.