Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Whiplash  (Read 2432 times)

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
Whiplash
« on: February 26, 2015, 04:23:14 pm »
After seeing the academy nominations I decide to check a few out. The first was Whiplash. A young aspiring musician (drummer) joins a college studio band run by a teacher (conductor) that will stop at no extreme for perfection. Rated R and excessive language. Lots of F word and MF word. Very intense acting by the two main characters.
If you have been in a band or like Jazz or Big Band music you may like this more than I. Fairly good watch but nothing that promotes enough interest to sit around the water cooler or forum and talk about. I rate it a 7.0. IMB gives it a 8.6 so lots of folks liked it better than I.
John 3:16

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
Re: Whiplash
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 01:20:34 pm »
I agree it had excessive language.  Abusive language, not just bad language.  The teacher seemed to me to be a major bully, I don't care how good his intentions may have been. 

Planning to watch Nightcrawler tonight.  Anybody seen it?  Previews and reviews I've read indicate another weird movie.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 02:41:00 pm »
I also plan to watch night crawler.
John 3:16

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 04:49:24 pm »
I really enjoyed this on, easily it could be done on stage as a play - I always think of Reservoir Dogs and the movie Buried. BTW Steve, if you haven't seen Buried with Ryan Reynolds it is a heart thumping film.

Whiplash, aptly name with surprise just before the concern was fast, aggressive, powerful.

Whenever my wife wants to watch a movie while I'm napping or at work - I suggest Whiplash.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

anything