Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Don't know if this was such a good idea.  (Read 1360 times)

Offline ME Girl

• New Bee
Don't know if this was such a good idea.
« on: May 20, 2012, 07:55:36 pm »
I installed my package yesterday in my beautiful English hive in my garden.  Well when ever I go out to hang out laundry, feed the chickens, harvest my strawberries or plant in my garden I get distracted and loose so much time watching my bees.  I just love watching them but I am afraid I'm never going to get anything done!   :-D  lol

Shannon
Life is too short not to stop and watch the bees.

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
Re: Don't know if this was such a good idea.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 08:16:29 pm »
Welcome to the club. i put my package into our observation hive and am distracted quite often today :)

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 08:18:03 pm »
3 hives on the back porch now here.   A lot of time just staring.   

Offline winginit

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 08:24:25 pm »
Welcome to the forum, and the wonderful world of bees. Watching them is amazing. I'll bet your garden is beautiful with that English hive!

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 08:25:45 pm »

I installed my package yesterday in my beautiful English hive in my garden.  Well when ever I go out to hang out laundry, feed the chickens, harvest my strawberries or plant in my garden I get distracted and loose so much time watching my bees.  I just love watching them but I am afraid I'm never going to get anything done!  :-D  lol
Shannon

LOL    :jawdrop:

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 :)
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline ME Girl

• New Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 08:51:03 pm »
It is beautiful.  It was the best mother's day present since my lavender bed my husband made for me a few years back.  I wanted to put the hive out there among the lavender plants but figured better keep it inside my fenced in yard.  We spent the day out there working in the garden, picking strawberries and they didn't seem to mind at all.

It's probably a good thing Buzz that I don't have an observation hive indoors cause I wouldn't get anything done inside either!  LOL!

I can't wait to get in there and check them out in a week or so.  We have never started from a package.  It will be interesting to see it from the start.

Shannon
Life is too short not to stop and watch the bees.

anything