Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: I'm new to this forum, want to say hello from Vinton, Iowa!  (Read 3486 times)

Offline Belshee Creek

• Brood
Hello. Just wanted to say I'm glad to be able to find a place like this that I can ask questions about Bee Keeping and enjoy this hobby/business even better. My wife and I had one hive when we were young (20's), now as we reach our 50's we finally have taken the time to come back to this venture with our hopes of raising healthly bees and if lucky enough honey for our business. We started Belshee Creek Honey Ranch a Maple Syrup and Honey Company. We tap our own trees and have ten hives with hopes of growing larger. We will be making syrup and honey products and have aquired a building for use as a processing plant. I would like any suggestions, comments, thoughts on the industry, where you think its going as to the honey side of the business, problems you have encountered along the way, the good, the bad, and the ugly. We will attempt to answer any inquiries that we can and hope that my taking space on this forum to introduce oursleves and our business has not offended anyone. I know this site is a forum to get answers and for folks to share information to make the hobby/business run smooth. I hope to chat with you and maybe even meet/greet over coffee sometime if you are in Vinton, Iowa. It's good to meet all of you.:D
"I run out of money before I run out of time!"

Offline FrogPond

• House Bee
    • http://www.FPAcres.com
I'm new to this forum, want to say hello from Vinton, Iowa!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2005, 07:33:30 am »
Great to meet you! I am new to this board and bees but I am sure you will find the pros here very helpful. Good luck in your venture! I have spent my career starting high-tech companies and hope to retire to "kinder, gentler" business endeavors some time soon. I wish you the best of luck with your renewed interest!

By the way - how many more sugar-related products can you think of to produce? Between honey and maple syrup, I would not let a bus load of kids visit - they will bounce off the walls! LOL

Pax
Charles Fry, Amatuer Farmer & Entremanure
Frog Pond Acres   -    http://www.FPAcres.com - come by for a visit!

Offline Miss Chick-a-BEE

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2005, 08:52:28 am »
I was having the same sorts of visions Pax. :) Too hard to explain exactly the thoughts I had.... but I was imaginging their home, and I imagined it was something like Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory. LOL

A warm welcome to you in Vinton, Iowa! Don't even think your intro about yourself it wasted space or would offend anyone. We love getting to know everyone. It's not ALL business/learning/teaching around here. We get to know eachother too, and make friends.

Join in where you like. Don't be shy.

Beth

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2005, 11:50:59 am »
If you have the time making honey bi products into products will be a good way to make more income. :D
Ryan Horn