Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The Flow  (Read 856 times)

Offline cao

• Super Bee
The Flow
« on: April 03, 2023, 08:25:13 pm »
With all the talk about doing beekeeping stuff before, after or during the flow, I was wondering how you tell when the flow is on.  More specifically what plants are blooming to let you know that there is a flow going on?  I know it will be different depending on location but I thought it might be useful if there are common plants used as signal of flow.

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
Re: The Flow
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2023, 08:55:58 pm »
This thread basically had this same conversation going before we veered off from it, replies 6-13.   https://beemaster.com/forum/index.php?topic=56359.msg515471#msg515471

Anyone else have anything else to add?
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2023, 09:31:18 pm »
The best way to find out what has a good flow of nectar is to walk around and listen. When a tree is producing a good nectar flow, I can hear the bees on it from 50 to almost 100 feet away. Our bees are mostly on the holly right now.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2023, 06:20:43 am »
Busy happy bees moving with a purpose.  White wax.  Gaining weight.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin