BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > EQUIPMENT USAGE, EXPERIMENTATION, HIVE PLANS, CONSTRUCTION TIPS AND TOOLS

Lyson manual steam uncapper

(1/13) > >>

Lesgold:
Hi folks,

Anyone tried one these? Just wondering how they perform.

Cheers

Les

Jim134:
     This is not the whole machine... You're missing a capping  Tank along with the capping baskets.. To catch the capping.. I have seen one of these in operation at Betterbee bee  Supply Company in New York USA..  In my personal opinion this machine worked well... For its price range..
   Just in case you'd like to see a video of it in operation..

https://youtu.be/Am1xeYZ1aUE

BEE HAPPY  Jim134   :smile:

NigelP:
Yes, they are excellent when set up correctly. The only problem is if your capped honey doesn't extend above the frame sides then it still needs amnually uncapping. But it takes seconds to uncap a frame.
One thing to watch for is if you use too fast the blade looses heat and it tries to crinkle the capping's.
But an absolute godsent when you have stacks of supers ready to extract.
Im then leave the capping to drip for as day or so giving them a good turn over and collect thee capping honey under a sieve build into the collecting tank. Which is heated so you can melt the capping's if you wish.

Here are a couple of before and after pictures of it in use.

Lesgold:
Thanks for your responses guys. I am looking into the possibility of changing from an electric knife to something a little bit easier. Jim, I use a cappings tank currently. It is about the size that is required for the uncapper. I just need to check how close it is to what is required. Good to know it works well for you Nigel. That?s the information I need. How does it handle a frame that has had brood in it in the past?

Jim134:

--- Quote from: NigelP on February 06, 2022, 10:12:20 am ---Yes, they are excellent when set up correctly. The only problem is if your capped honey doesn't extend above the frame sides then it still needs amnually uncapping. But it takes seconds to uncap a frame.

--- End quote ---

This is why.. You would put 9 frames... In a 10 frame boxes..   I would suggest you read some stuff ...About this.. 9 frames on 10 frame Box..

BEE HAPPY  Jim134   :smile:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version