Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: BUCK KILL ON 1-18-12  (Read 22031 times)

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
BUCK KILL ON 1-18-12
« on: January 24, 2012, 05:19:41 pm »
I SHOT AN 8PT. ON THE 15TH AND FORGOT TO PRESS THE RECORD BUTTON.I MADE SURE I DID ON THIS ON.    big buck down #3
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline vmmartin

• House Bee
Re: BUCK KILL ON 1-18-12
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 08:55:01 pm »
Nice buck Schawee.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 09:06:23 pm »
Tall rack there.   I really thought he was going to bolt in the beginning with all that noise in the stand, but he stood just long enough.   Good video.

Offline Sparky

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 09:17:45 pm »
 :-D Sounded like you got hung up in the lounge chair but you come home with the prize. Good Job Mr. Schawee.

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 09:42:43 pm »
he was 150 yrds away and more worried about that doe in the feed that he was after than me.i had the camera set looking the other way and when i saw him i had to move the camera to his side and arange myself to make the shot.when i make a shot that way i get to the side i placed the camera ,so i had to move things out of my way.i did make some noise doing so :-D.early in the season i did have one run off trying to get the camera moved and had my binoculars fall to the floor and it sounded like a gun shot,  but thats the way it is.
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 11:15:47 pm »
You can see the buck run to the right of the screen just after the does run off, thought that was kinda cool. Another good swamp buck. Congratulations!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 08:40:41 am »
I'm lovin' your hunting videos Bro...keep 'em coming!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 12:50:48 pm »
Nice buck Schawee. As seen in your video, I have found that if the deer reverses direction after he has been shot, it is probable a good shot. Due to loss of blood they get confused.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline jmblakeney

• House Bee
  • James
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 11:22:57 pm »
Good Job Schawee.

More meat in the fridge.  Make sure to tell us how the steaks taste.   :)
"I believe the best social program is a job...." - Ronald Reagan

Offline D Semple

• Field Bee
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 11:16:14 am »
You can always tell a good cook by their shot placement  X:X, no wasted meat there.

Thx for the video.

Don

Offline bulldog

• House Bee
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2012, 11:52:44 am »
nice buck there schawee. wish i could get a shot of 150 yards, up here you almost have to step on them to get a shot.
what are you shooting ?
Confucius say "He who stand on toilet is high on pot"

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2012, 09:23:05 pm »
jim,99% of the deer i shot that ran off (not far) always ran back  where they came from.its their bedding area and where they feel safe .this deer could have ran across the pipeline but didn't.he wanted to get to his safe area but didn't quite make it there.Don i always try and get a lung shot when i can.two reasons in doing so is if they run off they will leave a hell of a  blood trail.they don't go far either.second is you don;t waste any meat .you break a rib or two with a lung shot.i do take what shot they give me and if i can wait for a lung shot i will.last year the buck i shot in late january i shot him through the shoulders because i just had an opening through tree branches and if he would have turned i wouldn't have a shot on him.fed both shoulders to my dog.bulldog i shot one this year at 500yrds but most are shot 150-300 yrds.did some at 400yrds too.       schawee
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline bulldog

• House Bee
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2012, 10:19:30 pm »
500 yards ? that's some mighty fine shootin'
Confucius say "He who stand on toilet is high on pot"

Offline jayj200

• Queen Bee
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2014, 02:35:13 pm »
cool