MEMBER & GUEST INTERACTION SECTION > THE 2ND AMENDMENT

ATF EXPERT

(1/6) > >>

Salvo:
Hi Folks,

ATF expert:

ATF ?Firearms Expert? Gets Roasted For Failing At Glock Disassembly ? These Are The People Who Regulate Your Guns

https://dailycaller.com/2024/03/05/atf-firearms-expert-roasted-failing-glock-disassembly-regulate-guns-steven-dettelbach-chris-bort-margaret-brennan-cbs/

This is a result of the Ringlemann effect.

animal:
Maybe he was only an expert in real firearms and the plastic threw him off.. :tongue:

kidding .. Glocks are good and the expert's an idiot; and according to ATF, a metal business card is a machine gun  :grin:

Ben Framed:
I don?t know what Brand their service weapons are. But in fairness to the ATF agent, I doubt they know how to break down every single make and model made? Why would this be a requirement? Now if this is his personal Issued weapon, that is another matter.  :grin:

animal:
Pretty sure Glock is the most common brand of firearm for law enforcement in general, and is extremely common in the public. I'm not a Glock fan, but that's more about preferences and stuff I'm used to that I like.
Anyway, I don't and have never owned one(and often call all models the Glock PPS.. plastic piece for a hint). Several friends have and like them and I have taken them down. No one ever showed me how, nor had I looked it up and it took less than 30 seconds of looking at it (and a background of knowing how semiauto pistols work) to know how it's done. It's REALLY easy.
I also don't claim to be an expert in firearms as this guy does, just someone with basic familiarity and experience. I was certified as an instructor years ago but that was mostly teaching people how to shoot well and safely, not gunsmithing.

If someone was about to be in a public situation where they knew that breakdown of a particular firearm would be needed, any reasonable person of moderate intelligence would familiarize themselves with it and practice it a time or two.

He claims expert status in firearms ...plus .. demonstrated a lack of knowledge...plus ... He failed to gain knowledge/skill in preparation ... times ... the demo was in public ... equals ... justification for calling his actions idiotic, and all the ridicule the public can muster.

Terri Yaki:

--- Quote from: Ben Framed on April 15, 2024, 08:14:55 am ---I don?t know what Brand their service weapons are. But in fairness to the ATF agent, I doubt they know how to break down every single make and model made? Why would this be a requirement? Now if this is his personal Issued weapon, that is another matter.  :grin:

--- End quote ---
I have seen the video but didn't look at it hard. I can tell you that if I was going to be videoed doing something that the world would see, I'd make sure that I didn't look like a fool for the show. And while they are not all identical, they are like a puzzle that one with some common sense can usually figure out. Again, I did not look at the video hard so I don't know if he/they were able to figure it out. In my eyes, it exemplifies the level of incompetence we have leading our country...down the drain.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version