Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Beefest 2018  (Read 50574 times)

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
Re: Beefest 2018
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2018, 10:40:39 am »
Really?  How nice.  What works best, lures or live bait?
Brian,
I'm not a good fisherman.

He, he, neither am I.  Doesn't mean I don like it.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline yes2matt

• Field Bee
  • Urban setting, no acaricides
    • Love Me Some Honey
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2018, 07:43:40 pm »
I would like to come down from Charlotte. But I have only my old Suburban. So it is a very expensive trip. Could I catch a ride? Or offer as many as 8 rides and get some gas help? I suppose I could come down either 77 or 151 or 95 thru SC.

Wally could you make it to Clt?

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2018, 07:58:58 pm »
Matt, I have room for you. Can you get to Beez Needz? If not, we can make other arrangements.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline yes2matt

• Field Bee
    • Love Me Some Honey
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2018, 06:04:17 am »
Matt, I have room for you. Can you get to Beez Needz? If not, we can make other arrangements.
I think that might work. Tho I thought you didn't make plans so far in advance. :) Maybe there are a few more NC-SC folks want to carpool? MikeyNC ?

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2018, 08:02:54 am »
I normally don't, but a few PM's and I had to commit "tentatively"  if my health holds. I wouldn't want to get too many involved, as I am able to travel like that about 50% of the time. My health is closing me in a little more each month.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline yes2matt

• Field Bee
    • Love Me Some Honey
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2018, 12:34:51 pm »
I normally don't, but a few PM's and I had to commit "tentatively"  if my health holds. I wouldn't want to get too many involved, as I am able to travel like that about 50% of the time. My health is closing me in a little more each month.
I don't mind doing the driving. The Suburban is comfortable, only she has a drinking problem, so it's best if there are more people chipping in. :)

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2018, 01:31:02 pm »
I have an Isuzu Rodeo. I will be buying the gas. All you need is half the motel and your food eaten off the farm. Maybe all the motel if Keith or Rob goes with me, and not the other.If only one of them goes, I will have to split the room with him. If both or neither go, we can split the room.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2018, 07:27:17 pm »

If you go Wally dont forget the yellow plastic bucket for your party trick ! !
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2018, 08:18:58 pm »
Party tricks?  What is he up to?
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2018, 08:33:41 pm »
He makes things disappear.  Look out, Ace!
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2018, 11:09:53 pm »
Only if you come, Geoff.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline flsteeler55

• New Bee
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2018, 12:03:33 am »
From the NCBKC meeting tonite. Where do you register? I do want to come to this event,  Sharon in Hilliard

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2018, 08:23:03 am »
Sharon,
You just did register by saying you are coming on this thread.
This will help me estimate how many people are coming and also how many people are camping here at the farm.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline yes2matt

• Field Bee
    • Love Me Some Honey
« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2018, 05:51:37 pm »
@Jim,

How kid-friendly is Beefest and your farm?

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2018, 08:42:40 pm »
Matt,
Very kid friendly. My 2 granddaughters will probably be there.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2018, 02:20:35 pm »
Jim,

I planning on making the festivities.  I currently have one other beekeeper coming along and found out yesterday there might be a third.

Rob....
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline yes2matt

• Field Bee
    • Love Me Some Honey
« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2018, 06:12:43 am »
@Jim, a registration update an a couple more general questions:

I have three kiddos coming along, they're fully equipped and bee trained and well behaved. We would like to tent it if that is still ok.

What kind of fish are in your pond?

Should we plan to eat independently or chip in for a common meal there or eat "off campus" somewhere?

Any nuc swapping or other "trading circle" activity going on?

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2018, 08:18:31 am »
Matt,
Bring your children by all means. All I ask is that the parents be responsible for them. We have a zip line, a swing, lots of friendly animals including 3 baby cows and 42 acres to roam.
We will be group cooking/eating. Please bring food to share.
 I will be providing short ribs for one meal. We will probably eat at a local restaurant for at least one dinner meal and maybe a lunch or 2 if we are out doing a removal. I just receive a call for a open air hive removal in Jacksonville that I plan on checking out, when I get back home, for us to do during Beefest.
There are shellcrackers, sunny's bass and one 2 foot catfish in the pond. I plan on having a bass/shellcracker meal as long as we have at least one good fisherman.  :cheesy:

If you have anything to swap, bring it. I could see if ny local bee suppliers are interested in bringing their wares if any one would like to see and buy equipment and bees.
Jim
Ben Franklin

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2018, 08:56:59 am »
Matt,
I forgot to add, you can use a tent, camper, travel trailer or RV. I do have one tent ⛺️ that someone can use. We also have 3 motels that are 30 minutes away.
Jim
Ben Franklin

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2018, 12:29:16 am »
I received a text while I was still in PA that the open air hive removal turned out to be a MBH.

A Mobile Bee Hive. In other words it was a swarm. I wish it really was an open air hive. Maybe we will get lucky and I will get a call for a real open air hive.
Jim
Ben Franklin

anything