Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: A Handy Joint Knot For You Of The Outdoors  (Read 1796 times)

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
A Handy Joint Knot For You Of The Outdoors
« on: October 20, 2022, 11:43:20 pm »
Most of you outdoor enthusiast are most likely familiar with the following 'handy' knot. But for those of you who may not be, here is the zeppelin knot explained in simple terms.

Phillip

https://youtube.com/shorts/g1zVpzgYhQk?feature=share
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
Re: A Handy Joint Knot For You Of The Outdoors
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2022, 11:58:16 pm »
Sometimes I tie up my zeppelin.  :cool:  Seriously, this is actually one of my favorite knots.   
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: A Handy Joint Knot For You Of The Outdoors
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2022, 07:34:50 am »
I learned this knot back in the late 70s.  I never tied one again... but I would have a couple of times if I could have remembered it.  As it is a Carrick bend worked those times.  It's useful anytime the stress is great enough to jam a square knot.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin