Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Not Pushing This. Just and FYI  (Read 1423 times)

salvo

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
Re: Not Pushing This. Just and FYI
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2022, 02:04:45 pm »
My mom is familiar with the hosts of this event; she watches them on YouTube sometimes.  I'm not sure we'd have the time to devote to something this intensive, but it is free and seems like a great group of speakers.  Maybe we'll check it out. 
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Online Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2022, 03:50:05 pm »
Growing your own food is great.  I encourage it but it is far from secure.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2022, 02:22:12 pm »
I talked to my mom and sister about it, and we all think it's too good an opportunity to pass up, so we signed up.  There's just too many good speakers and too many topics we are interested in learning more about to not do it, especially when it's free. 
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2022, 08:39:02 pm »
We have seriously enjoyed this summit so far, and there is still one more day, but it has been so educational that we have actually signed up for the paid subscription to the School of Traditional Skills, and we are not the kind of people who subscribe to anything lightly, or really ever.  I just wanted to let people know if they are interested in this sort of thing that the paid membership is EXTREMELY cheap right now, a "Founders Special" that is only through Monday to celebrate the launch of the school, which is one of the reasons my family signed up.  Anyone who is interested in homesteading, gardening, traditional cooking, or self-sufficiency, I'd encourage you to at least take a look at this because it's an amazing resource.