Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Looking For Ideas As To How To Break Up Blocks Of Beeswax  (Read 8254 times)

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: Looking For Ideas As To How To Break Up Blocks Of Beeswax
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2022, 08:52:39 pm »
I read The15thembers' good post recently showing her newly made Candles for Christmas! Really nice job she did. I have some blocks of wax and though I might give it a try so I found this old topic, (as of this post, is on its second page, go back and see the first page here), which has some good ideas in it.

If you would like to see (Reagans') candles, The15thMember you can find her post By searching the following topic and going to the reply.

"What did you do in your Apiary/Bee yard today?"
<<Reply #334 on: December 09, 2022, 04:12:34 pm >>

2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2022, 02:08:02 pm »
Thanks, Phillip.  :happy:  I have trouble breaking up my big blocks of wax too, incidentally.  My usual method is to score the block and then bash it on my tile floor. 
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline paus

• Field Bee
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2022, 04:51:36 pm »
Have you tried your decapping hot knife?

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2022, 05:28:34 pm »
That's a good idea Paus but I don't have one of those.

Phillip
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2022, 05:45:15 pm »
Thanks, Phillip.  :happy:  I have trouble breaking up my big blocks of wax too, incidentally.  My usual method is to score the block and then bash it on my tile floor.

Thanks Reagan, I might have to get the ole 'sl'u'dge' lol hammer out and go to town on it!  :wink: :cheesy:

Phillip

Offline Lesgold

• Queen Bee
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2022, 07:50:06 pm »
I use a small axe (tomahawk). Place the wax on a firm bench or a concrete floor. Position the sharpe edge of the axe on the wax where you would like the break to occur and then hit the axe with a heavy hammer. Very simple and works well.

anything